Hey all you guys out there, still having trouble getting those pinch harmonics to really scream, well heres a tip thats really helped me pull them off on my strat. If you have a wah pedal, I myself use a cry baby classic, turn it on and push it to the floor, that should really help kick your treble up to 11. You still need to know how to execute a pinch harmonic correctly, but this should really help them jump out of your guitar and rip your b***s off.
Last edited by Aquaman788 at Nov 4, 2007,
no. u can just turn up all the controls on your amp and get a much better sound and an easier pinch harmonic execution than using a wah wah.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Ya, I turned all my controls up and then used my wah wah and it still brought the harmonics out better.
All controls up on your amp? Holy poopers, what kind of awful tone does that net you? Just turn the gain and treble up (please not to ear blistering levels) and use your bridge pickup. Find the sweet spots and you're done. You don't need to put everything on 11. That's ridiculous. Also, are you going to press down on your wah every time you try to hit a pinch harmonic? Just learn the technique correctly and you won't have to cheat.
I turned all the controls up to 10 because thats how Hendrix did it, then he would just use the volume on his guitar to control the distortion level, and I know Hendrix didn't use artificial harmonics so don't get on my case about it. I only use this technique when Im doing a lead solo and the high treble works well, not all the time, other times I just do it regularly, but when yor trying to really make them stnd out in a lead this method helps.
^^on some amps, EQs are passive, and they aren't necessarily boosting the sound. it may sound muddy to some ears, but i think it's better than a stationary wah set in ear piercing treble range.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Well I do also play it using the neck pick up, not the bridge so I think that kind of helps mellow out my tone. Plus I use a small marshall practice amp and an old rogue amp that don't give me the best EQ control.
Last edited by Aquaman788 at Nov 4, 2007,
I have noticed the same thing with my 95Q. I do have a Boss OD-20 set to a Tube Screamer to do it and the treble is not over the the top. Same with the Muff setting and Gov DS. My only problem is finding that "sweet spot" quickly at each setting .

Chris
my god, get over it, he can do pinch harmonics at the way that he wants, he's just giving an advice to people who can't nail harmonics (altough it seems kinda mediocre but whatever)

i sometimes use the wah-wah in different positions, it gives you some cool harmonics and really interesting "nasal" guitar tones
Thank You, finally somebody gets it, and I know it sounds mediocre, but thats because it's a tip for people who are only mediocre at pinch harmonics and need some help, this is something I found helpful when I was only mediocre at pinch harmonics to. Thank you deluxity.
I like your post....

Its kinda like a hybrid Dimebag-squealie for people that dont
have a whammy....

I get it
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett
Quote by Washburnd Fretz
I like your post....

Its kinda like a hybrid Dimebag-squealie for people that dont
have a whammy....

I get it

...it doesn't sound like that to me
I was referring to the whole harmonics .. *Jump out and rip your b*lls off* thing..

Thats just what i thought of.
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett