First, I should tell you that I have no experience with switching pickups.
I've decided that I want to make my Iceman IC200 my all around guitar, so I've decided to swap both pups. What I'm thinking is having a nice high gain pickup at the bridge for metal, and something with a coil split (or anything that would resemble a single coil) at the neck for some mellow, bluesy, folky music.

My first question is, how important is the wood of your guitar when looking foor a particular pickup?(I believe my Iceman is made out of mahogany)

Secondly, could anyone point me in the right direction for which pickups to use? I'm more intrested in what to do with the neck pickup, and what my options are to get a nice twang out of it. (My options for the bridge pickup seem pretty straightfoward)

I usually don't wander this far away from the pit, so if this is violating any rules, tell me and I'll take it down.
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
Quote by iceman_8319
First, I should tell you that I have no experience with switching pickups.
I've decided that I want to make my Iceman IC200 my all around guitar, so I've decided to swap both pups. What I'm thinking is having a nice high gain pickup at the bridge for metal, and something with a coil split (or anything that would resemble a single coil) at the neck for some mellow, bluesy, folky music.

My first question is, how important is the wood of your guitar when looking foor a particular pickup?(I believe my Iceman is made out of mahogany)

Secondly, could anyone point me in the right direction for which pickups to use? I'm more intrested in what to do with the neck pickup, and what my options are to get a nice twang out of it. (My options for the bridge pickup seem pretty straightfoward)

I usually don't wander this far away from the pit, so if this is violating any rules, tell me and I'll take it down.

Twang out of the neck is going to be next to impossible. You might be able to get a pale imitation of single coil sparkle with a coil split...And get a bit more brightness, with no hum, in parallel wiring...But no twang.

What kind of amp do you have? You don't need a high output pickup (not high gain. Two different things.) to do metal, if you have the right amp. Lamb of God's guitarists have vintage output pickups.