I went to my local music store, and was browsing there amps, but, mostly I found them saying fender on the front, but how do you know if its a valve junior or what. Also, how do you know if its a good amp? Im not really sure if I would be able know if im getting a good amp.

250$ 1 amp. hmm.

EDIT: ideally an amp that would give this type of tone..
http://youtube.com/watch?v=vsqtKClSk6M
Last edited by MxPxPanic at Nov 4, 2007,
Haha.....The epiphone valve junior is a 5 watt head. They also make a 5 watt combo with a small speaker. But those are made by epiphone not fender. you got a little over 2 bills so i reccomend a fender FR 2x12 combo
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
Hey i have a question, i know how to palm mute, but it sounds like CRAP literally, when I do it, its because of my amp right?
your post doesn't really make much sense, but I'm gonna go with that you have $250 and want a new amp...In which case I'll suggest the Crate V8 Palomino.
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
Oh, what I mean is, how do I know what amp to get when at a music shop? because im not buying online so if they dont have specificly what you guys say to get on here...
Ask if you can try it out.

Tell the guy what you're looking for, if you don't know much about tube amps tell him that you don't know crap about 'em and ask for some assistance starting one up and plug 'er in. See how you like it.

&&FYI, if your palm muting sounds like crap, chances are you're muting too far up the strings. I mute with the side of my hand resting on top of the bridge, that way it sustains for about a second and a half before the chord dies.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
You could just ask what amp it is I suppose. Otherwise, just look around the amp, there's usually a model number on the control panel/the back of the amp.
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
Quote by Ishiga
&&FYI, if your palm muting sounds like crap, chances are you're muting too far up the strings. I mute with the side of my hand resting on top of the bridge, that way it sustains for about a second and a half before the chord dies.

lol that's TOO far down.. i normally do it right above the bridge.
Half Man, Half Bearpig! I am Super Sereal!

Quote by jravolta
Every time the Jonas Brothers play, an innocent in Darfur is killed.

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee
I am not 12, but my sack is still hairless.

Quote by magnum1117
my balls are hairy as chewbacca's...