So I've been really into these guys lately. Looked up for a thread and couldn't find one... So what does everyone here think about 'em? Any Oi! fans?
I once created a bunch of really accurate tabs for their songs, but they never got approved because no one else listens to them.
They seem kinda dopey.

But that's Oi, I guess.
Last edited by sonic reducer at Nov 4, 2007,
Quote by CircuitTrigger
I once created a bunch of really accurate tabs for their songs, but they never got approved because no one else listens to them.

... resubmit them, i've made a bunch of tabs for bands that aren't archived or whatnot, just have to put Unsigned Misc Band as band title, then put the band name next to the song title.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
I listened to them like, three years ago.

Grew out of them in a month.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Quote by CircuitTrigger

Resubmit them and tell me when you do! I'll go and vote for them to be approved.
They have some good songs, but I hate 'England Belongs To Me'. It is an awful song.

As far as Oi! goes it's all about the Cockney Rejects. Tbh though I'm not a massive oi! fan.
Cockney Rejects are sh*t compared to cocksparrer.

The rejects had like 4 good songs, and went ****ty metal on us in the 80's.

I had to work out cocksparrer songs by myself, which did help chromatic playing a lot.

Also, **** sparrer are down as a band, I seem to recall I tabbed the solo for someone, then someone else used the entire song and took the solo.
**** Sparrer was not really Oi, if you hear **** Sparrer's early work, it's purely Rock n Roll. which is about 10 million times better than the **** on Shock Troops and the albums that followed. which is good stuff too.
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
Bloody brilliant.
Quote by clapton-floyd
I don't believe in free will, I believe in Rohypnol.
Im a massive oi fan... haha

BrianApocalypse doesnt know what hes on about with the Rejects... Tonnes of great songs, maybe not so much if your hardcore football fan with how much the go on about the hammers

as for **** sparrer England belongs to me is a great song and if you get the chance to see it live you can die happy, maybe you have to be English to enjoy lol...

Oi! is the best thing that happen'd to punk and possibly the greatest youth movement ever... Oi! not politics, just working class kids, black or white, punk or skin united!
The rejects do NOT have tons of good songs.

They did the greatest cockney rip off, police car, I wanna be a star and Oi Oi Oi. Those are the only good songs.
The Cockney Rejects are naff metal. Oi tends to be moronic, juvenile and highly stereotypical in most cases. Of course, there are exceptions.
They weren't consistently good (which is my first criteria for a band to be good) but had a few good songs. Flares and slippers is good too, forgot to mention it.

They took a crap direction quickly on.

Cocksparrer didn't go crap for 9 years or so, and even then it was only really the gated reverb on the drums and lack of thick guitar that ruined the songs. They were always expertly written, with ingenius diatonic lead guitar.

My only problem with the east end lads is that they didn't fight the right.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
My only problem with the east end lads is that they didn't fight the right.

Why should they? Specially at that time... It had **** all to do with politics, all they cared about was West Ham.

Sham 69 said it best with "Communists, conservatives your all the bleeding same"

Are you from England?
Yep. I'm from England.

That Sham 69 line refers to political extremity. Pursey was always a political activist.

Skinhead culture had nothing to do with politics? riots like this one? sieg heilers attack indian communities, and Oi! takes the blame? sound familiar?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDcvZ5UXMAI

Yep, standing round while your fans ruin the lives of "pakis". That's an awesome plan.

Punk f*cking rock, dude.

Notice how the BNP have been gaining power in recent years:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_National_Party#General_election_performance_of_BNP

This is because f*cking tools stand for injustice. And when the tools look up to skinhead superstars, it's pretty f*cking moronic to justify their behaviour by turning a blind eye, or worse, encouraging it.
Last edited by BrianApocalypse at Nov 8, 2007,
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Yep. I'm from England.

That Sham 69 line refers to political extremity. Pursey was always a political activist.

Skinhead culture had nothing to do with politics? riots like this one? sieg heilers attack indian communities, and Oi! takes the blame? sound familiar?

Yep, standing round while your fans ruin the lives of "pakis". That's an awesome plan.

Punk f*cking rock, dude.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_National_Party#General_election_performance_of_BNP

This is because f*cking tools don't stand for injustice. And when the tools look up to skinhead superstars, it's pretty f*cking moronic to justify their behaviour by turning a blind eye, or worse, encouraging it.

Right ****ing on.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Yep. I'm from England.

Punk f*cking rock, dude.

This is because f*cking tools stand for injustice. And when the tools look up to skinhead superstars, it's pretty f*cking moronic to justify their behaviour by turning a blind eye, or worse, encouraging it.

Theres loads of different sides to that story, was you there? I doubt it so do you know what happend? No

And i wouldnt trust that video/documentry, looks like it was made by the BBC or some other media group, and we all know the media NEVER lie do they
Theres loads of different sides to that story, was you there? I doubt it so do you know what happend? No

I wasn’t there at the scene so I don’t know what happened? Right.

Unfortunately, even a first hand account isn’t going to be 100% truthful and unbiased.

After all, if there are so many sides to the story, how is ONE witness going to be able to tell it like it is, Captain Clever?

We have a little thing called historical analysis. We take all available evidence and conflicting opinions, melt ‘em in a boiling pot to deduce the truth.

Maybe you was there? Maybe the f*ckin’ pakis started it?

Maybe they all looks the same, chavvy die?

You tell me.

And i wouldnt trust that video/documentry, looks like it was made by the BBC or some other media group, and we all know the media NEVER lie do they

If you’ve watched closely, which I doubt you have as you blatantly have the intelligence of a 4 by 2, you’ll notice that NO CONCLUSION is made. The newsmakers have interviewed both sides and have gotten two different opinions.

Skinhead culture IS NOT condemned by this programme. It merely presents the facts, and presents the conflicting beliefs.

Did you see the Gary Bushell “Strength thru Oi!” interview? Notice that how instead of just stating an opinion, Bushell was called in to defend his case. In exactly the same way as in this instance.

Remember that the media is no less factually reliable than certain individuals who can’t back up their claims…