Which one is better? There are so many different crybabies pedals classic, original, 535Q and i think vox only has one. Which is better? Money here is not an issue.I play classic rock and blues.
if you play classic rock and blues i would say the vox the crybaby is more for metal a bit more
Stock, the Vox is better. There's the V847 or V847a (the "a" is a newer version of the V847 and is quite a downgrade IMHO) and the Clyde McCoy also called the V848. Both would suit classic rock/blues wonderfully.

If money isn't an issue and you're not into modding then I'd look into Fulltone or RMC (Real McCoy Custom) personally.

Quote by Whole Lotta Led
Stock, the Vox is better. There's the V847 or V847a (the "a" is a newer version of the V847 and is quite a downgrade IMHO) and the Clyde McCoy also called the V848. Both would suit classic rock/blues wonderfully.

If money isn't an issue and you're not into modding then I'd look into Fulltone or RMC (Real McCoy Custom) personally.

dont go custom it can become a huge hassle but get the vox
Quote by convictionless
dont go custom it can become a huge hassle but get the vox

Um, what? You mean don't mod?
what about taking modding into account?
Quote by CodeMonk
Programming is an art form that fights back.

Quote by bob farrell

When Teenagers Crash Their Mothers Cars And Slash A Few Tires, The UG Justice Team Will Be There, And Justice . . . . . . . .Will Be Served!!!!
anything?
Quote by CodeMonk

Quote by bob farrell

When Teenagers Crash Their Mothers Cars And Slash A Few Tires, The UG Justice Team Will Be There, And Justice . . . . . . . .Will Be Served!!!!
no pancakes! dammit. well i guess ill have to get a vox and a girl then
Quote by CodeMonk

Quote by bob farrell

Quote by -heartbreaker-
modded, a Crybaby can do ANYTHING

for your situation I'd say the Vox

like mine.

Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
^

The only reason I'm bringing up modding is because you can save a fair amount of money plus you can tailor it to your own needs. The differences between "most" wahs are actually quite few, and that includes botique makers like Fulltone and RMC.
yea. but fulltone and RMC are ridiculously "thicker" wah tone than most. including mine. but my mid boost knob does quite a bit too.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Yeah but there's really nothing magical in there that you can't get (besides their pot and inductors, plus Fulltone makes his own shells), but we all know what the schem is based right off of
yea. i want the inductor. 500mH one. when i get that, my Voxy Lady would be really done.

i need to hire an inductor winder. *calls my brother and hires him for $1.*
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
is there a way to get some kind of mid boost on a wah, or other pedals for that matter?
Quote by CodeMonk

Quote by bob farrell

actually, there is. just a little from a wah. there's a 1.5k resistor, swap it with 2.2k, or even 3.3k, and u'll see some mid boost.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
^Yup, just involves a resistor swap. Post a pic of your board and we'll pinpoint it for you.

Quote by ECistheBest
i need to hire an inductor winder. *calls my brother and hires him for $1.*

how bout for a different pedal? can you do that same swap? / are there other ways of doing that?
Quote by CodeMonk

Quote by bob farrell

^only on wah wahs that follow the crybaby schematic.

^^yep. and he goes... *wooooow!!! $1 is so much monaaayyy!!! $$$_$$$*
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
yea go for it. it's a nice solid pedal even stock. and u can mod it too. unlike crybabies that start **** and u have to mod it to make it sound good. but it has the same possibilities in modding as the voxes.

and u can increase the wah range by shaving off the heel rubber stopper hahaha.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard