today, me and a friend went to check out a few stores to see what would be my next purchase, after trying several guitars, i got to a more limited group

Dean Razorback DB ($420)

nice neck, didn't like the pickups, and the body hits on my ribs

this one was my favorite on playability but both body and pickups seemed a bit off to me

Schecter Omen-6 ($320)

i liked the neck too (not as good as the dean, but i liked the low action and how thin it was)

the pickups weren't so good either, but since i have $480, i can easily replace them

Epiphone G-400 vintage ($495, i could probably get it cheaper though)

natural mahogany finish, alnico V pickups, i didn't actually play that one but a friend has a normal g-400 and i really loved it

Epiphone Les Paul Standard ($550-$700)

i liked the pickups, solid tone, but the neck was just ankward along with such a small body, this is probably my last option but i just wanted to add it

...so

i want to play mainly metal/classic rock/hardcore with my next guitar (my other one already covers my blues/jazz/indie needs)

so, any toughts or suggestions?

and to main specs, i want a guitar with humbuckers and a fixed bridge(no matter if it's a tune o matic or a string thru)....and well, that pretty much covers it
I'd go with the Schecter, or try to find one of dean's superstrat or V style guitars that's on the level of the Razorback DB. You need an axe that's easy to play and that you enjoy playing. If you can find another dean with a neck similar to the one on the Razorback, go with it. If not, then go with the next in line, which appears to be the Schecter.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
G-400s are really solid guitars and if you don't abuse them, they won't let you down....They feel great too IMO
Well, remember you can adjust the action. Focus on the shape of the neck. The SG and LP have the same neck, while the Schecter and the Dean probably have similar necks.

If you don't like the Gibson neck, I'd go with the Schecter. It'd probably be more versatile, and it's cheaper. Plus, it doesn't hurt.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
either the dean or the schecter, but id go with the schecter seeing as your playing is more diversified than what the dean was intneded for
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
i would go with the schecter

That's the next guitar ism buying a schecter S-1 in cherry red to cover my metal needs.
already have my modded start for alt/indie
Looking for a new sig!
Quote by jthm_guitarist
Well, remember you can adjust the action. Focus on the shape of the neck. The SG and LP have the same neck, while the Schecter and the Dean probably have similar necks.

If you don't like the Gibson neck, I'd go with the Schecter. It'd probably be more versatile, and it's cheaper. Plus, it doesn't hurt.

yeah, the actual problem with the les paul is the body, it seems so small to me

and if i get the schecter, i'll probably put some duncans or dimarzio in it,

please, keep the suggestions coming, i'll take every comment in consideration for my choice
Quote by Shinozoku
I'd go with the Schecter, or try to find one of dean's superstrat or V style guitars that's on the level of the Razorback DB. You need an axe that's easy to play and that you enjoy playing. If you can find another dean with a neck similar to the one on the Razorback, go with it. If not, then go with the next in line, which appears to be the Schecter.

i think i can't stand the body, cause i really liked the feel of it, but, what about the dimebucker...i've only heard bad stuff about it...

it's between the dean and the schecter, thank god they're in the same store

please keep the suggestions coming
Quote by deluxity
i think i can't stand the body, cause i really liked the feel of it, but, what about the dimebucker...i've only heard bad stuff about it...

it's between the dean and the schecter, thank god they're in the same store

please keep the suggestions coming

You could sell the dimebucker and get a better pickup instead. I tried a Razorback out once and it's tone wasn't awful, but it did lack some clarity. It's like the amp was under a blanket or something. I tried other guitars on it, and they sounded fine, so I knew it was the Dimebucker. Once you sell it (people will buy it off of eBay who wanna sound exactly like Dime) you can use the cash from that to buy a good DiMarzio like the Super Distorion 3, Tone Zone, D-Activator, or if you want over the top gain go for the X2N. But beware: The higher gain the pickup, the more sensitive the strings will be, so you'll need to have good technique to keep from sounding like balls.

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.

If you liked the vintage, here's a useful link.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-Vintage-G-400-Electric-Guitar-518669-i1150101.gc

$299.

I'm getting the 1966 Reissue version. Same axe, hotter pups.

My friend has an Epi G-400, same thing as the vintage but in cherry red with that gay little half-pickguard. Feels great, the pg imho looks retarded, and I still don't quite get the concept of 2 tone and 2 volume knobs (I'm used to master vol, master tone, 3-way switch.)

Either way, sounds great. Not through his sh!tty g-dec, but any other, even my spider and it's fine.

All in all, either the G-400 or the schecter.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
this is probably the one few times where I will suggest a schecter.

and wtf is up with the dimebucker pickup? Im a huge pantera fan and was really considering buying a dean with a DB already in it.
^ Dime's tone origonally came from a Bill Lawrence L-500XL. Get one of those and replace the Dimebucker, and you'll be much happier.

Unless of course you turn out liking the Dimebucker's sound. It's all preference.

Stupid name.