ok, ive wrote a couple songs(music and lyrics) but others, i have trouble with.

i write lyrics
i write music

both at different times.

but when i try to put they lyrics to music, i usually feel that they dont work together, i find myself concluding that either the lyrics are not deserving of the music, or that the music is not deserving of the lyrics.

should i start trying to write music and lyrics at the same time, or what?
I write lyrics last, that way they fit to the melody of the song as opposed to writing a song around just words.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by TonyRandall
also, ive been trying to get away from writing love/for girls songs, any topics that would be good to write on?

anything man, it's life. Robert plant sang about a lion standing alone in a field with a tadpole in a jar, the possibilities are endless.
You can try writing lyrics and music together. It's a highly individual process. You may find that's what works for you. Part of it is just practice. And remember, it's always OK to put something aside for at least a couple weeks and go back to it later with fresh eyes and ears or to toss out lyrics or music you aren't satisfied with and try again. By toss out, I do NOT mean destroy. I mean store the music or lyrics in a separate place. Even if they don't quite work where you originally intended them to go, they may match up with something else perfectly or be the beginnings of something good. I haven't tossed out my lyric notebooks from high school even though there's not much worth anything. I keep them because there are ideas and a few good lines begging to be put into something better. Take a look at life, and you'll see a myriad of topics staring you in the face.
Brevity is the soul of lingerie.
-Dorothy Parker
Perhaps you should try writing some pieces that don't require words. It'd be a nice change I'm sure.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
me personally, usually i write words and songs apart. then i think about the song and what kinda subject matter would fit it. then i dig through all my stuff and find something that fits with the music. often times i'll cut and paste lyrics from different songs together to get something that i think fits perfectly. there have been a couple times in the past where i just started playing and singing and the words that came out were perfect.
I dunno: I kinda approach songs from the other end sometimes. Come up with a concept I want to write about and work from there writing music and lyrics that both represent whatever it is I'm trying to write about and kinda splice the two together as I go. So one of the last songs I wrote was based on the film apocalypse now. After watching the film I sat down and brainstormed a bunch of lyrics that I felt captured the mood of the film. Then I sat down with my guitar and did the same thing: instant result! Its good because I used to have the same problem as you and it now means my lyrics and music have a sense of unity they were kinda lacking before.
You might find some tips in Songwriting and Lyrics, probably the techniques subforum
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums