Im so tired of looking around and needing pedals, nice amps, everything set right, nice action... on and on..

And I love playin songs that are primarily based on chords. I dont know, does anyone else ever feel like just puttin your guitar down and buying a nice accoustic?
That's why I pretty much quit playing electric guitar. To get a decent sound, you gotta pay a fortune. Once you get a decent acoustic, that's all you need and it sounds amazing.
I pretty much feel that way all the time. Hence why I just play acoustic.
Death to Ovation haters!
I have a cheapy electric and a cheapy acoustic, but I'm about one payment away from owning a pretty nice acoustic, and I must say....acoustic>>>>>electric.
I'm totally feeling my acoustic more than my electric these days. I used to be GAS'ing for a new Strat, but that's pretty much on hold. Right now I'd much rather have a nicer acoustic.
After finally owning a quality electric and a quality acoustic, I'd have to say I like them both pretty much equally. It all just depends on which I'm more in the mood to play at any given time. Electrics and all the gizmo's that go along with them are more expensive tho, I'll give you that. But they can be just as rewarding as an acoustic IMO, just not as portable. Ya just don't see too many people sittin around a campfire plucking away at a nice Les Paul with a marshal stack behind them. Besides, who wants ashes all over their gear? And sand in the wah pedal? No thanks!
Quote by LeftyDave
After finally owning a quality electric and a quality acoustic, I'd have to say I like them both pretty much equally. It all just depends on which I'm more in the mood to play at any given time. Electrics and all the gizmo's that go along with them are more expensive tho, I'll give you that. But they can be just as rewarding as an acoustic IMO, just not as portable. Ya just don't see too many people sittin around a campfire plucking away at a nice Les Paul with a marshal stack behind them. Besides, who wants ashes all over their gear? And sand in the wah pedal? No thanks!

I agree with you.
Last edited by confusius at Nov 4, 2007,
I pretty much agree although I don't think that ill ever be able to stop playing electric. In fact I play more electric than acoustic but thats partially because my acoustics aren't really all that great.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
acoustic obviously has a cleaner, more refined sound. For playing and practicing solo acoustic is definitly the way to go. But it comes to a point where the sound you get out of an acoustic can never be like that of an electric. Especialy if your in a band. Acoustic developes your skill, electric teaches you feness. Its also much easyer to be faster on an electric then acoustic. If you primarly play rythem, go acoustic, if your leading, go electric. If you do both.. well have both.