I've heard some people see music in color. If anyone experiences this can you tell me what it's like, do you close your eyes, look at the speakers or guitar from where the sound is coming from. I really want to experience it.
drugs, lots and lots of drugs.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
drugs, lots and lots of drugs.

my friend does it normally. And I heard john frusciante can do it normally, and he hears ghosts as well in the music.
LSD works best.

Lots of LSD.

Edit: Maybe being an ex-addict also helps. Drugs decompose your brain, kinda like what happened to Syd Barrett, so after a while even though you aren't an addict anymore your brains still decomposed to the point where you aren't quite the same.
Leader of The Cult of Echoes, for those who believe 23 min. of Pink Floyd Epicness just isn't enough.

Pm Alex the Red if you're interested

I'm a member I Pignose Amps Club. PM Woodenbanman if your interested.
Last edited by Alex The Red at Nov 4, 2007,
Quote by farcry
my friend does it normally. And I heard john frusciante can do it normally, and he hears ghosts as well in the music.

John says he hears ghosts not only in music but during everyday activities. He's a very spiritual person and meditates quite often. I don't think we will ever understand what it is he is really talking about when he hears ghosts.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Its actualy a mental condition. I forget what its called... I know the people can also see the colour of words or letters.. Anyway for the music part, they see the colour depending on the instrument and pitch etc. For the words sometimes they only see the colour of the letters in the words, sometimes the word has a specific colour.
Lots of Robitussin, haha.
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
Quote by NokturnalRedEyz
acid will get you the colors

I would try acid if I had some but as it stands there is none in this city as far as I know.
Quote by farcry
I would try acid if I had some but as it stands there is none in this city as far as I know.

your just not looking hard enough
Quote by farcry

John Frusciante did quite a lot of drugs back in the day, if I'm not mistaken.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Quote by farcry

He's certainly one to talk

He was addicted to drugs...
i*[∂/∂t]*Ψt = -[∇^2]/2*(Ψt) (unitless form)

Almost as convenient as Wikipedia, but infinitely more hipster, Dover.
There's a rare condition that can cause the senses to get jumbled up in the thalamus, so one can hear a taste, or see a sound. Mozart is thought to have had it because of the way he would describe different keys as colors. B minor, for example, was black, and D major was "sunny yellow."
It could just be timbre, in the audio recording technology field sometimes they refer to certain frequencies as a color
OAKLAND A's - 9 TIME CHAMPS!!

DUKE BLUE DEVILS - 4 TIME CHAMPS & 19 TIME ACC CHAMPS!!

OAKLAND RAIDERS - 4 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS - 3 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

SAN JOSE SHARKS - NONE LOL!!
It's called Synaethesia. Various senses can become connected.
Quote by metal4life592
John Frusciante did quite a lot of drugs back in the day, if I'm not mistaken.

He even heard them when he was a small child. They told him he was going to play music and become famous when he little. It's really quite interesting.

Quote by Dayn
It's called Synaethesia. Various senses can become connected.

and how does one accomplish it without acid?
Quote by farcry

The thalamus (which is where all the senses are connected to the rest of the brain) can become jumbled and confuse the different sensory signals.
Quote by farcry

By being born that way.
I kinda have something like that. I just see it in my head, just like the image comes into my head when I listen to or think about the song. Except it's not really just one colour, different parts of songs have different colours and sometimes pictures. Clean guitar tones are usually yellow, but Metallica's clean tone is usually light green. In another thread I posted a picture of what Concrete Jungle by BLS and Enter Sandman looked like to me.

That might not be the same thing though, I don't actually see anything.

EDIT:
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Nov 4, 2007,
Quote by bradulator

+1
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Quote by Altered_Carbon
I see music as a collage of color. When I'm high.

I watch spongebob and eat doritos, hmmm...
oh sweet! this happens a lot to me! im no joking but it's not quite colors, its shapes with colors and were they are. i judge tone by what it looks like in my head. a distorted chord is basically like a sound wave, black and has waves, but the waves can be closer and farther away judgin by if it's a fuzzy distortion tight distortion. a crunchy lightly distorted old school type distortion can have either a gritty black chunky wqve with a yellow band all the way through or a red band in the background depending on the tone. mid adds red, scooping th mid changes it to a soft creamy yellow. if i close my eyes and listen to a song i can see the "peices" of music from drum beats to synth notes and im not kidding you (this sounds weird) but thry all have a plae in myminds ee, like a 3d landscape of music. every tiny detail in the tone if each part is visible in some way. if something like a bass drum or guitar is too muddy, the kick i see is blurred and black, and is just a blotch, and the bass is a band of the same color, depending on the note. the band shifts "up and down' depending on the note. i hope im not weriding yo guys out, but i match colors with number and letters and chords when i think of them in my head. people mentioned before that it's called synesthesia, andi looked it up and stuff... i not crazy!! but seriously its insanely hard to explain how this happens i think its just the way some poepl learn and think thats all... sometimes i just see people playing but mostly the "landscape or picture of music" accompanys that.

whew. and you have just completed the journey inside the mind of Jayme...
sorry about the thousands of mistakes in the last post... i type messily and i got all excited that i could try to explain what goes on in my head... i'm really not bad at spelling i swear!!

haha and good luck on reading it...
Last edited by nxtvanhalen at Nov 4, 2007,