Jackson
36 42%
ESP
40 47%
BC rich
9 11%
Voters: 85.
Page 1 of 2
not a fan of any of them myself. BC rich guitars are just an awkward shape (well, most of them) and are usually played by posers who have no interest in getting good at the instrument they just wanna get laid (i'm not saying that about EVERYONE who plays BC Rich). Never played an ESP because they just don't attract my attention really, and jackson... well, i have nothing against jackson, but i really hate how silly wannabe shredder kids always say to me "fender sucks get a real guitar like a jackson"...

so based on that i'll say ESP, because i don't know any egotistic "i play cus i'm cool" guitarists or "fender sucks get one of their other brand guitars" noobs who play ESPs.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Last edited by Blompcube at Nov 4, 2007,
i prefer jackson,but really,there are great guitars in the three brands,theres jackson V,esp eclipse and the B.C rich warlock (although i dont like the way it looks) so it really depends on what you like most,personally
oh and there are neat Dean and Ibanez metal guitars too,and you cant go wrong with gibson,there are many great metal guitars out there,you dont have to go with the most famously "Metal" ones
ESP have some of the greatest metal guitars. BC riches, unless they are from the 80's wouldnt touch one, and jacksons arent my cup of tea.
Gear.
Peters Chimaira tube amp
Harley Benton 2xv30's
IbanezS470(evo,paf)
Jackson dinky select series USA
ESP LTD EC1000VB
MI audio boostnbuff+crunchbox
Carbon copy MXR + smart gate
Though I do like ESP a lot, I would have to say Jackson is my favorite.
Erm, Dean.

BC Rich are pretty good. I'm still going to get a BC Rich WMD Warbeast despite saving for an ML.

Jackson are always contenders, but I just don't see the point in getting a £400 with a bolt on neck.
Gear

Guitars -
ESP V-500 w/EMG 81/85
Jackson Mark Morton Signature Primer

Amps -
Marshall JCM 2000 TSL 60 Head
Marshall MS-2 Mini-Amp

Pedals -
Line 6 PodXT Live
Blackstart HT-Dual Valve Distortion
Quote by Epic_Name
Modern Metal - ESP
80's Metal - Jackson
IMO

IMO too. ESP are great, but I'm not a fan. However, 1000+ modern metal guitarists can't all be wrong

CHARVEL!!!! RARRRRRRR! They're expensive bastards, though.
Lol @ no Ibanez, Kramer, Washburn, or Dean. Personally, my favorite is Jackson, but that doesn't make it better then ESP, Ibanez, or anything else.
Ibanez S for me.
My gear:
'96 Ibanez S540FMTT
'91 Standard Gibson SG [w/ Bare Knuckle Warpigs]
Peavey Triple XXX 112
Jackson, and B.C. Rich
Quote by neopowell
Killing yourself seems like the only simple solution.
Gibson!!!

A few hours later...

My Gear:

AMP: Line 6 Spider III 30 Watt
Guitars: Gibson SG Classic (with P-90 Pickups), Martin DCX1E Acoustic-Electric, and Rouge Viola Bass
Fernandez Monterey. In ivory white. Through a peavey 5150.
"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." -Bender Bending Rodriguez
BC Rich by far!!

But only the high end/custom shop models!

The low end models have **** woods and pickups... ESP's in the same boat though!

I'd say Jackson if you're on a budget - decent woods and decent pickups for a reasonable price
My Gear
Original JCM800
Fender Blues
ADA MP1 Rack

1952 RI Tele
Fender Floyd Fat Strat
Dean Razorback V255
Dean ML79F
Fender Strat, scalloped
Fender Floyd Strat
Ibanez RG550 - 1987 DY, 1990 DY, 2002 BK
Kramer Paul Dean
Danelectro DC59
B.C. Rich. The assassin is one of the best super strats i have played.
dean
Quote by Andjustice.....

i could see that being liek a sign at an entrace to a theme park ,"remember to always be safe dont litter and remember to have a nice day in my pants!"

Quote by Robbie n strat
"If you listen really carefully, you can hear carrots scream when you cut them."
I said ESP because I have an LTD that I like quite a bit, but what about Schechter, Ibanez, Dean, and for that matter Gibson? A lot of people think Gibsons are only good for classic rock, but they offer several guitars stock with EMGs, and people like Mastodon and Zakk Wylde (Insert random "the overdrive is crushing" joke here) play them, not to mention Randy Rhoads.
Dunlop Straps™
The best sounding straps on the market

Quote by steven seagull
Justice is this, justice is that...justice is 9 minutes long and recorded in a cupboard full of fluffy pillows
Bernie Rico Jr 100% handmade. The son of the legendary luthier that founded BC Rich. The Rico Family got out of the BC Rich company which leaves something to be said.

Bernie Jrs stuff is godly and is not cheap. You'll never see it mainstreamed or many endorsements but they are probably the best guitars on the market for heavy music. The attention to detail that he gives each of his guitars is something you cannot get from a major brand custom shop.
B.C. Rich

And they actually make quality guitars now that they arn't using that class axe factory anymore.

I'm savin for an ST Mockingbird.
i like my ltd ex50 its very basic but it get the sound i want so why spend $1000 on something u will never take out of ur room im getting a shecter fr extreme in four days i tried it and thought it sounded mad and the floyds not bad on it so one of them two
Quote by samlocke14
Ibanez

this
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
Quote by Blompcube
not a fan of any of them myself. BC rich guitars are just an awkward shape (well, most of them) and are usually played by posers who have no interest in getting good at the instrument they just wanna get laid (i'm not saying that about EVERYONE who plays BC Rich). Never played an ESP because they just don't attract my attention really, and jackson... well, i have nothing against jackson, but i really hate how silly wannabe shredder kids always say to me "fender sucks get a real guitar like a jackson"...

so based on that i'll say ESP, because i don't know any egotistic "i play cus i'm cool" guitarists or "fender sucks get one of their other brand guitars" noobs who play ESPs.

haha thats funny cause Jackson is owned by fender now...
Jackson, fer sure. I'm thinking about an RR3 sometime soon.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Page 1 of 2