Hey everyone,
My mate is interested in starting to play Bass but he is a n00b when it comes to guitars so he asked me to ask you guys which bass you would recommend.
He is strapped for cash so he doesn't want to spend more than 300AU( Bass and Amp.)
Thanks
Chris

"Deep Blue" 29th June 2010

SO PUMPED FOR MISERY SIGNALS, JULY 3RD
$300AU isnt going to go very far. For that kinda money, you can get a Starter Pack with a **** bass, an even worse amp, and a non-chromatic tuner.

You're friend would be better off buying a semi-ok bass for $300, and then looking around pawn shops for a super cheap practise amp.

Tell him to try his local music shops and ask around, especially ask other bass players what they use.
Ok, Thanks, To The Grave
Chris

"Deep Blue" 29th June 2010

SO PUMPED FOR MISERY SIGNALS, JULY 3RD
why are there threads like this every other hour?

so this isn't spam, i'll recommend an Ibanez GSR 200 about 200 USD, so about 216 AUD, and then get a practice amp, he can get a nice one for what he has left used, or at a pawn shop, then just get a crappy cable, and he's good to go
Erm look at stagg stuff off ebay! Thats what I started wiv and its a good piece of kit
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Help Bunny gain world domination by copying and pasting him in your sig or webpage.

ANDY!!!
Standard starter recommendations include:
Peavey, Squier, Ibanez and Yamaha. Try a few and see which plays nicest. Then buy a cheap practice amp, for just starting you don't need an amazing amp.
Founder of Jaco society

[22:08:23] <Confusius> I wish I was a bassist
[22:08:26] <Confusius> you fuckers look cool

Want to know how to play bass in jazz? Read this.