Poll: What do you think of them?
Poll Options
View poll results: What do you think of them?
Good
15 75%
Average
5 25%
Bad
0 0%
Voters: 20.
What is everybody's opinion on the fender MIM strats?

Are they good or are they an expensive squier?

.....\,========================]
...../ ..---.........................-----.............|]
..../_==o;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;-------.:/
....), ...(_(_) ..../
...// (..) ), ------"
..//......//
.//......//
//......//
Quote by stussy<>punk
What is everybody's opinion on the fender MIM strats?

Are they good or are they an expensive squier?

They're not expensive Squiers, so much is certain.

MIM Fender guitars are a very nice, budget friendly, alternative to the American instruments if you ask me.

Like with any brand they you'll find a few lemons here and there, but especially if you're going to try it before buying, the risk of ending up with a piece of crap is quite small.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
They're good guitars. Especially after the recent upgrade (well, not that recent. About a year ago).

They are:
-Well priced
-Comfortable
-Durable
-Easy to use
-Sound nice
-Versatile, except for extreme metal

Competitors in that price range are also good, but not as good overall.
I'm sure everyone can appreciate them, except metal devotees and Gibson elitists.
Mine is sweet, plays great after a setup and is incredibly easy to use in every aspect, it's comfy, versatile, I put a mini humbucker in the bridge, changed all the electronics, did some fretwork and stuff, and it's really invincible as a £320 guitar.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
In comparison to the American Strat, the MIM strat has better value for money. If you're concerned about the quality, just try it out. By far it outclasses all the Squiers
Gear :
  • Ibanez PF60S-NT
^ I'm in the UK, therefore everything is expensive. I payed £290 for the guitar and £30 on electronics. The exchange rate is pretty much £1 = $2.05 too so it's more like....$640. But we get raped on things that aren't Laney and Orange.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.