Hello everybody! If you had a nearly unlimited budget and wanted to pick out some guitars what would you get and why? This excludes obvious investment choices like 50s or 60s Fender, Gibson, Gretsch, etc (and very early PRS's). Lets only do guitars because full rigs could get out of hand.

I play hard rock. Personally I would look for two singlecut style guitars with some type of passive humbuckers. This could include Les Pauls, PRS Singlecut, or maybe David Thomas McNaught singlecut. I like the ballsy roar of a set neck mahogany body, maple topped guitar. I would want these as my main guitars for rhythm and lead with one tuned to E flat and one tuned down a whole step. Then I would want one neck thru guitar with active EMGs and a Floyd tuned to E flat. I would use this specifically for shred leads. This might be a BC Rich or better yet Bernie Rico Jr custom, or maybe just something plain like a Jackson or ESP.

What about you?
First question. Do you have an unlimited budget?
Gear

Guitars -
ESP V-500 w/EMG 81/85
Jackson Mark Morton Signature Primer

Amps -
Marshall JCM 2000 TSL 60 Head
Marshall MS-2 Mini-Amp

Pedals -
Line 6 PodXT Live
Blackstart HT-Dual Valve Distortion
Fender telecaster vintage white ( Already got this one!) , Prs singlecut, Les paul custom, Sg custom and dave grohls signature guitar in white!

Oh how much i would love that
Quote by BadgerX
First question. Do you have an unlimited budget?

LOL, nice logic there.

Hmm, a [Jackson] KV2 King V, a [Dean] Inferno V , and a BC Rich KKV
Grrr!!! Rrrr!!! Rawr!!! Meow???
Hmm.. Just tried a great ESP Eclipse so it gets my vote. Just got a band together and as we play rock/metal im always gonna lean towards a guitar with loads of sustain and 'buckers.. play it through a Marshall JTM100 head/stack cranked up to 11.. pedals? dont use 'em much.
ESP Eclipse, Ibanez JEM, Fender Strat, Gibson Les Paul, PRS Doublecut, Ibanez S Prestige.
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
Caparison Horus, Caparison TAT, Custom Jackson RR, Fender Strat, Vigier fretless, and the 8-stringed Ibanez.
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
unlimited budget? I'd buy Slash to play for me
Unlimited budget, Eh?

Well, that would mean getting stuff like Ibanez J. Custom, ESP CV Panther signature and such, but before all that I'd have to accomplish my dream of owning the entire PGM range (especially the HAM90th, such a beautiful guitar).
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Just me but I'd get

a USA Dean Razorback Rust with Dimebucker in bridge/ DiMarzio Super Distortion in the neck.
a JMI 100 Watt head with 2 2X12 Cabs.
an Electro Harmonix Metal Muff.

The Razorback USA because it's a beast in it's own right. The JMI's because they're the best handwound amps I've ever played. The EHX Metal Muff because it literally integrates seamlessly with the JMI.
Gear

Guitars -
ESP V-500 w/EMG 81/85
Jackson Mark Morton Signature Primer

Amps -
Marshall JCM 2000 TSL 60 Head
Marshall MS-2 Mini-Amp

Pedals -
Line 6 PodXT Live
Blackstart HT-Dual Valve Distortion
Ibanez PGM301 and a Fender '63 Tele Relic in Candy Apple Red.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
I'll go with a realistic at soem degree yet still 'unlimited' budget.

Japanese Fender '62 re-issue strat (sunburst)
Ibanez S7320 (that's the seven string S series right?)
Ibanez JEM7VH
PRS custom 22 singlecut
Cottham guitars JEM DNA replica
Washburn N5 creme (God that looks sexy)
Washburn N4 classic (is that the right name for the 'relic' one?)
ESP Eclipse, Dean Soltero USA, Dean USA Razorback V (with SD Blackouts) or a Caparison Horus or TATII
Guitars:
Yngwie Malmsteen strat
Zakk Wylde Les Paul
Js1200
JS Chromeboy
Ibanez Jem
Musicman John Petrucci sig
Gibson Explorer with floyd rose
American Ash Strat
Gibson Mini Paul (les paul with the width of an sg)

Amps:

Peavey JSX Hafl stack
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
Fender Twin Reverb
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
Basicall if I had an unlimited budge, I'd get a lot of custom guitars with custom art. Plus a few vintage ESP Explorers.
2005 Epiphone Zakk Wylde Signature Buzzsaw (ZW Set Pickups)
2005 Ibanez RG5EX1
2002 Ibanez RG320DXQM w/ DiMarzio pups
Line 6 Guitarport
Cakewalk SONAR 6 PE
Propellerhead Reason 3.0
Custom spec Warlock, built just for me. "Vermintide" inlaid at the twelfth fret perhaps

Full body and neck binding, neck through, transparent black flamed maple top on mahogany, EMGs, string through, satin neck... The works
I would just buy every guitar in the world and give away what I didn't like ha ha (you said unlimited budget)