(GCSE) Okies, so my teacher recommended i do a performance to a backing track (the more we do, the better we get blah blah). He agreed Welcome To The Jungle was a good enough song to do, and i thought it would be easy to get a track with vocals, rythm guitar, drums and bass. The one i currently have has all that, apart from vocals.

So my question is - does the vocal part matter? Im worried that it might be assessed on how well i play with the other melody lines in the song - vocals being a big part - missing them out of the track might not be the best idea.

Secondly - If it does matter (which im not sure it does, because it would infringe copyright somewhere i bet) anyone know of a place to get good backing tracks.
Member of the 'Dr.Cox is my Mentor' group

Quote by Miggy01
I was kicking a balloon around, and kicked the back of my other foot.
I broke my toe as a result.
No, it doesn't matter.

When I did my GCSE performance thing like 2 years ago, I did Chuck Berry - Johnny B. Goode, and I got full marks without playing to a backing track.

They don't assess anything but you're playing. The backing track is only there to guide you/keep you in time etc. When they're marking your playing, I assume they mute the backing track.
Quote by Steve The Plank
No, it doesn't matter.

When I did my GCSE performance thing like 2 years ago, I did Chuck Berry - Johnny B. Goode, and I got full marks without playing to a backing track.

They don't assess anything but you're playing. The backing track is only there to guide you/keep you in time etc. When they're marking your playing, I assume they mute the backing track.

If you have a multi-track, record the rhythm and lead, in case you can get more marks. But no the vocals won't matter.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Ok thanks alot. Now i need to figure out how to get a track i have to a CD :-S
Member of the 'Dr.Cox is my Mentor' group

Quote by Miggy01
I was kicking a balloon around, and kicked the back of my other foot.
I broke my toe as a result.