Hey I just thought of something, bands must get sick sometimes when they're on tour, but if they're really bad how do they play? Would they have the cancel the show? What if they weren't better by the next day? What if the singer has a sore throat?
They suck it up, or they don't get paid.

If its really bad sometimes someone can fill in like a guitar/drum tech.
But if its the singer, they're pretty screwed really.
Quote by KileManA7X
How can they sing if they have a sore throat?

I've had to do it before, its possible. But don't expect to be able to talk the day after
Quote by Bowe
I've had to do it before, its possible. But don't expect to be able to talk the day after

What if you had a show the next day though? You said you wouldn't be able to speak.
Quote by sashki
When Matt Heafy is sick, he goes out and sings. Cos he's a real man.

That is the biggest lie ever. Matt Heafy is a womanly douche.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Quote by KileManA7X
What if you had a show the next day though? You said you wouldn't be able to speak.

cough syrup
Metallica toured for 3 straight years i believe supporting the Black Album, this was how Hetfield blew his voice. It must have been hard
I thought he blew it just before recording the black album?

either way, must be gutted when that happens
Nah i think it was in 1992 at some show he was just singing a song (i forget) and bamn, hence why Metallica play half a step down

EDIT:
"VH1: Did you have vocal training during the recording of the album?

JH: Yeah. We were doing B sides at the same time, and I blew my voice out singing “So What.” That was the first time my voice left the building. The next day it was like, I'm trying to sing, and something's not right here" - taken from HERE

Wikipedia said it was in 1991 so im not quite sure
Last edited by Birdy266 at Nov 4, 2007,
Quote by Mr Montana
Alcohol.

Drink enough and eventually you will sing better. ALWAYS works for me.

lol, warm up your throat, metallica style.

although alcohol can be helpful, as long as you don't take too much help
Quote by Mr Montana
Alcohol.

Drink enough and eventually you will sing better. ALWAYS works for me.

Actually, alcohol doesn't improve your singing, it just makes you think you sound better, when you sound just as shit as before to everyone else.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT