Page 1 of 2
'Rave'.

Simply because everyone says it regardless of whether or not what they're talking about involves anything to do with raving.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
I honestly can't think of anything more annoying than rave at the moment...
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
holy tits

eleventy/eleventeen

neither are funny at all.
Quote by Twist of fate
I like playing twister with dead cats and old people
Any gangster or chav slang pisses me off. Why can't you speak like any normal person does?

I also hate it when english people try to put french phrases in, to make them seem so ****ing intelligent and cosmopolitan. And most of the time, the mispronounce it.

"Oh, she was very ahn-shan-tay to meet you"
STFU!
Mumble, stutter, lisp and Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia.

Because you know whoever invented them were the literary equivelents of Hitler.
Quote by duncang
'Rave'.

Simply because everyone says it regardless of whether or not what they're talking about involves anything to do with raving.

you little raver, you.
Quote by Dogruitag
i think he wants to dream theater to be considered more metal, so he dyed his beard.

Quote by LookAlive
Lmfao, this is the best thread ever, aside from the fact that it involves a girl being harpooned through a tent.
Quote by Bowe

You forgot dyslexia
Originally posted by WlCmToTheJungle "you have just received the amish computer virus. Since the amish dont have computers it's based on there honor system so please delete all of your files immediatly. thank you
people who try to say other languages they dont know.
like saying you know Japanese when all you know is 'where is the bathroom'
THAT PISSES ME OFF!

Mais je n'ai aucun problème avec le français, car j`habite à Montréal, dans une région plutôt francophone. Par contre, mon père est anglophone, et a mère est francophone, donc je suis bilingue
Guesstimate... Oh my! Firefox spell check sees nothing wrong with that travesty of a word...
when people say "at the end of the day" but say it like "athayendufthadaaaaaaaaaaay"
Land of my high endeavor,
Land of the shining river,
Land of my heart forever,
Scotland the brave
Quote by The Lunatic
when people say "at the end of the day" but say it like "athayendufthadaaaaaaaaaaay"

At the end of the day, you get nothing but NOTHING!
Quote by Dogruitag
i think he wants to dream theater to be considered more metal, so he dyed his beard.

Quote by LookAlive
Lmfao, this is the best thread ever, aside from the fact that it involves a girl being harpooned through a tent.
Sick meaning good.

Quote by Dæmönika
Quote by italynlprkn
yo tambien
What the hell's a tambien?
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
its like basic math. 1 + -1 = 1
I hate most American past-tense verb spellings.

Quote by wannabe jesus
Sick meaning good.

+1
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
When people say "Can I lend a fiver/a pencil/etc". It's not 'lend'. It's 'May I borrow?' Why don't people understand this? It came out of nowhere, and I swear to God every time someone says it I get pissed off. I also hate it when people use stupid new lingo for no reason, just because they know nobody will understand it and want to look hip.

Argh. What ever happened to speaking normal English? I wish we could all live in 1876.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
I can tolerate all the other internet phrases, but I just can't stand "lol". It's said way too often and people don't understand what it means. If something is mildly funny, you don't say that you laughed out loud, do you? AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DON'T END YOUR OWN SENTENCES IN LOL! IT MAKES YOU LOOK LIKE YOU'RE THE ONLY PERSON WHO FINDS YOURSELF FUNNY!

This is the part where everyone responds with "lol"
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
i hate it when people use double negatives e.g. "i'm not going nowhere". i also hate it when you correct them and they look at you like you're in the wrong and get pissed off about it.

lol
In/Rainbows
Quote by lushacrous
I can tolerate all the other internet phrases, but I just can't stand "lol". It's said way too often and people don't understand what it means. If something is mildly funny, you don't say that you laughed out loud, do you? AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DON'T END YOUR OWN SENTENCES IN LOL! IT MAKES YOU LOOK LIKE YOU'RE THE ONLY PERSON WHO FINDS YOURSELF FUNNY!

This is the part where everyone responds with "lol"

LOL doesn't mean Laugh Out Loud any more, it just means "I didn't really find that funny. Shut up. I don't want to talk to you" or "I can't think of anything else to say" or "full stop".

EDIT: Lol.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Anything involving 'Your mom'.

And also when you say something perfectly ordinary and some idiot replies with 'Thats what she said.' I cant stand that.
Quote by bequickorbedead
"So's your face!"

Do you not watch Scrubs or something?
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by Dinkydaisy
When people say "Can I lend a fiver/a pencil/etc". It's not 'lend'. It's 'May I borrow?' Why don't people understand this? It came out of nowhere, and I swear to God every time someone says it I get pissed off. I also hate it when people use stupid new lingo for no reason, just because they know nobody will understand it and want to look hip.

Argh. What ever happened to speaking normal English? I wish we could all live in 1876.

If we were to live in 1876, many of the words and phrases we use today would be considered profanity. Especially where you live; England.

Anyway, I can't think of anything right now. Most of the time people misspelling words like "your" and "you're" gets me pissed off. It's definitely not difficult to understand the ****ing difference, but whatever. People are stupid.
Quote by Life Lease
If we were to live in 1876, many of the words and phrases we use today would be considered profanity. Especially where you live; England.

Anyway, I can't think of anything right now. Most of the time people misspelling words like "your" and "you're" gets me pissed off. It's definitely not difficult to understand the ****ing difference, but whatever. People are stupid.

I meant I'd be quite happy speaking as we did in 1876
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by Pavura

Mais je n'ai aucun problème avec le français, car j`habite à Montréal, dans une région plutôt francophone. Par contre, mon père est anglophone, et a mère est francophone, donc je suis bilingue

But I don't have ____ problems with french, _____ I live in Montreal, in a french-speaking region. ______ _______, my father is english-spekaing, and my mother is french-speaking, therefore I am bi-lingual

- My attempt at trying to translate from french to swedish to english,
Quote by Pavura
THAT PISSES ME OFF!

Otearaiwa dokoni arimasuka?

Demo, nihongo o chotto hanashimasu. Nihongo ninensei desu.

Anyway, back to English. I hate ebonics! Talk like you're not retarded for God's sake!

Or noob. It's never used right.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by Jaymz2K
"That'll learn ya"

Please, explain how something can 'learn' someone.

Lol.

I just died inside a little.

I'm Geordie and we use that. I've read it's from Anglo-Saxon læran, which meant to teach. Quite a bit of Geordie dialect uses Anglo-Saxon apparently.

GEORDIE WORDS, ANGLE ORIGINS

Distinctively Geordie and Northumbrian words are more than 80 % Angle in origin, compared to standard English, where the figure is less than 30 %. Modern English words by comaprison are predominantly of Latin origin because modern English derives from the dialects of southern England which were continuosly influenced by the Latin and Norman French favoured by the educated classes of Oxford, Cambridge and London.

Geordie words should not therefore be seen as sloppy pronounciation or a poor use of language, as they are in fact of great antiquity. Indeed many old words and phrases commonly used in the old works of Chaucer and Shakespeare which are no longer used in other parts of Britain have survived as common usage in the North East.

Of course some Geordie words are of more recent origin or are corruptions or words borrowed from other regions, but often the similarities between Anglo-Saxon and Geordie can be quite surprising. For example Geordies in the same way as the Anglo-Saxons use the word `WIFE' as term for a woman whether she is married or not, while the Anglo-Saxon word ALD (OLD) is similar to the Geordie (AAD). Thus in Anglo-Saxon ALD WIFE literally meant `Old Woman' .

Sometimes a Geordie may appear to be using words incorrectly , but this may not always be the case. For example a Geordie may say Aaal Larn yer (meaning I'll teach you) as in the Anglo Saxon Laeran which meant teach. Other Geordie words of Anglo Saxon origin include Axe (ask) from the Anglo-Saxon Acsian, Burn meaning stream, Hoppings meaning fayre andGan which is the Geordie and Anglo saxon word meaning to go.

The unique way in which Geordies and Northumbrians pronounce certain words is also often Anglo-Saxon in origin. Thus Geordie words like Dede, Coo, Cloot, Hoos, Wrang, Strang and Lang are in fact the original Anglo-Saxon pronounciations for Dead, Cow, Clout, House, Wrong, Strong and Long.

These old words have survived in the North East for a number of reasons primarily associated with the region's historical remoteness and isolation from southern England. The turbulent border history of this region was also a major factor in discouraging outside influence although some Viking words have crept into the local dialect from the neighbouring Viking settled areas of Yorkshire, South Durham and Cumbria.

That's from: http://www.northeastengland.talktalk.net/GeordieOrigins.htm
Quote by Bowe

hey man some of us stutter (like me) and its not our choice to stutter , we just born with it
like my friend does his little girly giggle when i stutter and its ****ing irritating...
Quote by Pavura
THAT PISSES ME OFF!

oui oui...je ne prends le drugues et je fais du promenade.
(i get Ds for french) excuse my french
Yer Maw!! HAWHAWHAW!!!!

The epitome of neddish wit.....not exactly Oscar Wilde, is it???
When people say "i could care less" when really they mean "I COULDN'T care less". "I could care kess" MAKES NO SENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that pisses me off something rotten
FALKIRK

We'll win something someday

Quote by Minkaro
Falkirk is the home of runners up.

Check out my Tunes
I hate the word "Gossip"...and the shortened version of "Goss" even more. I don't have a clue why, they just really grate on me, particularly the latter.

Lets see, what else? I hate the term "diva" along with everything it represents in today's culture, especially since a lot of young girls are almost brainwashed into thinking being a spoilt diva is something to aspire to.

The same criticism goes to the acronym "WAG" which, for those that don't know, translates into "wives and girlfriends"...usually of rich footballers. It's sickening that people become famous now simply by being with a famous person. Steven Gerrard's girlfriend Alex Curran has recently brought out her own perfume...I mean, eh?

Digressing slightly I hate the whole charade of bringing out your own scent which has now become a standard custom for psuedo celebrities. Chanelle from Big Brother (who, ironically is the source of my sole, pathetic claim to fame as I used to go to college with her) is bringing out her own perfume...

I mean for crying out loud, society has become really **** in recent times.
Quote by Raizer Sabre
this is the biggest pile of crap i've seen since that little bit in jurassic parkwhere you see dino crap everywhere...
Page 1 of 2