Ok, so im modding my pbass, but having a lot of trouble painting. Some people say its a walk in the park, and others say its very difficult; I found it very difficult... It was midnight blue, and i sanded it down so that it was dull, but some parts were sanded more then others, but not all the way to the wood, just so close that i probably needed sealer. So without knowing that, i put my white primer on.... Light blue spots keep coming up, and i have put something like 3 or 4 coats on now. Someone please tell me what to do because even on the last one (last one i could do w/o running out of paint) it still showed light blue... Can someone please help!!
-Girl Bassist & Drummer-
Music: Thrash metal, punk, ska, Grunge, old rock, Techno
Pref Bands: Anthrax early Nirvana RHCP Led Zep Fallz Pantera Black Sabbath Operation Ivy Reel Big Fish Misfits Ramones Mudhoney Arctic Monkeys Muse 2 many 2 name
sand to the wood and prime and paint.

or if you just sand off the clear coat you just apply paint to it you do not prime it. it is already done.
song stuck in my head today

^ but i sanded off more than the clear coat but not till the wood, like a layer above, and didnt seal it, so now blue is showing through my white... how do i fix that?
-Girl Bassist & Drummer-
Pref Bands: Anthrax early Nirvana RHCP Led Zep Fallz Pantera Black Sabbath Operation Ivy Reel Big Fish Misfits Ramones Mudhoney Arctic Monkeys Muse 2 many 2 name
bump, help!!
-Girl Bassist & Drummer-
Is it possible that you've applied some wax or cleaner on top of the body that contains Silicone, prior to the primer/sealer? It's the only thing I can think of that prevents your Acrylic sealer/primer from adhering.

Let's wait for the savvier pros/semi-pros to chime in.