Whats the stupidest thing a NON-guitarist has told you (about guitars)

Page 1 of 7
Both of these were in the same art class at school

this kid played bass that was in another art period, he always left his bass in its case in the closet, he let me play it a few times when i had nothing to do

so im playing and this kid comes over and looks at the tuners and says "shouldnt all of those be facing the same direction"

another day the bass kid came in cause he was in a free period

he was playing it and it was so out of tune
i kept telling him "mike thats soo out of tune"

a couple minutes later, this kid goes "why dont you just buy a new one and stop wining about it"

i was telling my mom how much a jsx is for christmas, and she says "why are they so much, all it is is a speaker"
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
When playing in a battle of the bands at a school we were asked a week before the performance by the girl organizing it if we were going to be using our own guitars
my old music teacher, we were writing chords and he asked how to write a C powerchord, i wrote C5andgot it wrong, because the corect answer was apperntly,
D--5
A--3
I play a guitar strung with Yngwie's chest hair
lol all 3 of those are pretty funny

you can use the 2nd one on ur 3rd one "mum my guitars out of tune, can i get a new one?"
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Quote by Aftertime
lol all 3 of those are pretty funny

you can use the 2nd one on ur 3rd one "mum my guitars out of tune, can i get a new one?"

GENIUS!
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
i was playing my upright in orchestra and some band kid comes in a says to me "oh wow i thought your suppose to be sitting if you have a cello"...at which point i gave him a little bits of the smackings eh?
My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful
Quote by BHC zoley
my old music teacher, we were writing chords and he asked how to write a C powerchord, i wrote C5andgot it wrong, because the corect answer was apperntly,
D--5
A--3

I hope you weren't paying him to teach you...
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
reminds me, i was in my music store getting some strings

this guy walks in and asked if there were any electric guitars that dont need an amp, like it has one built in

yeah they do, check toys r us
Mesa Boogie DC5
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
My mom said just the other day: "You want me to spend $100 on this "Gibson Flying V"? That's way too much to pay for a guitar!" It was a beautiful guitar too

My friend said there's no point in trying to learn Pink Floyd on guitar cause they don't have a guitar player.

The same friend told me my guitar was way out of tune in C.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
at my high school there are 3 guitar courses in the same room at the same time. the second week of class a girl comes into the practice room my and my friends are jamming and asks to borrow a pick. one of my friends asks "do you want a hard pick?" and the girl responds, "no, i think i should use a beginnner one"

(wow)
there's already a thread exactly like this one about 50 pages long...
lololol

this kid told me he played guitar (he didnt)

i asked him, just to test him, how many strings his guitar had

"uh,, its got 15"

"what kind of pickups does it have"

"..... humdingers"
Mesa Boogie DC5
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Some kid who never picked up a guitar in his life had the balls to tell me Fender is better than Gibson. I kicked his balls to prevent such ignorance again.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
no, i wasnt paying him, it was a school course, i knew it was a beginners course i just wanted an arts credit for playing guitar, i was just hoping the guitar teacher wouldntbe functionally retarded, my mistake i guess
I play a guitar strung with Yngwie's chest hair
Quote by comftrblynum
at my high school there are 3 guitar courses in the same room at the same time. the second week of class a girl comes into the practice room my and my friends are jamming and asks to borrow a pick. one of my friends asks "do you want a hard pick?" and the girl responds, "no, i think i should use a beginnner one"

(wow)

lmao
no, my 8 year old cousin has one, its a first act made out of plastic
Mesa Boogie DC5
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
Some kid who never picked up a guitar in his life had the balls to tell me Fender is better than Gibson. I kicked his balls to prevent such ignorance again.

That's probably because Fenders are better than Gibsons.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
okay, lets not start a fender vs gibson debate

Mesa Boogie DC5
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
my freind before he learned to play he asked me about a thousand times" whats a fret"

by the way he still sucks at guitar after a year of playing he doesnt even know where the D string is or either of the Es. or the G. or the B. or the A
Quote by RizzoWashburn
Oh, and this is the internet. I have the right to be a douchebag. Fuck off.
pfft.. F*** that. Gibson better. IN my opinion. Anway. This Kid at my Middle school is going to learn how to play guitar. And his guitar he's gonna start on is a Dean Razorback. (Good luck with the floyd rose a** wipe).I told him, "After the first few weeks You fingers are gonna be sore because you haven't built any callesus" (spelling?) and then he said "No its ok, I'll just use a pick." =|
Quote by Teh GIR
lololol

this kid told me he played guitar (he didnt)

i asked him, just to test him, how many strings his guitar had

"uh,, its got 15"

"what kind of pickups does it have"

"..... humdingers"
OMg! lmfao! A Humdinger.!
Quote by MetallicGod07
OMg! lmfao! A Humdinger.!

I nowz! I wnt 1!

Quote by Les_Frederiksen

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Guys, BC Rich > All of your noob brands!
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
idk, but i want a 15 string guitar
Mesa Boogie DC5
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
"lmao, noob. ur geetar onli haz 4 strings lololol."

"Swift kick to ovaries*
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Not EXACTLY what this threads about but after my friend started playing bass, this other guy comes up and goes, "How many chords you know?" My friend tells him that you dont play chords on a bass, and the other guy flips out. He said, 'I've been playing guitar for 2 years, you play ****ing chords!" So my bassist friend proceeded to kick the guy in the balls. The reciever of said kick was, of course, a metalhead.
Quote by KaMiKaZi90
"Mr. Owl? How many strokes does it take to make my little man explode?"
"Lets find out! One! Two! Three!"
*Crunch*
""
"can you teach me how to play one"

"whats the difference between a base and a guitar"
Mesa Boogie DC5
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Quote by PlayMadness

My friend said there's no point in trying to learn Pink Floyd on guitar cause they don't have a guitar player.

Wow, just wow.
Own a PS3?
Add me: ILOVECHICKEN
A friend of mine took out his bass around a group of people before, and this dunce of a girl pipes up:

"Shouldn't that have six strings?"

We lol'd
What have we learned.....

Words are weightless here on earth,
because they're free

.....from this wee exercise?
you suck, you cant even play the killing in the name solo, it doesnt sound anything like it

i was playing on an acoustic
Mesa Boogie DC5
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
"isnt a bass lyk just a gitar wif 4 strings and innit propa eezy lolz!!1!"

A falcon punch to the babymaker was delivered.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz

I'm having chicken nuggets for lunch.

My Day > Yours
Quote by PastaOfMuppets
Wow, just wow.

I started playing him some of the guitar-heavy Pink Floyd and he told me that it's not them

Apparently, every Pink Floyd CD and vinyl I own has a misprint on it that replaces a Pink Floyd song with another
Quote by Les_Frederiksen

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
I can't think of anything to be fair...though I know that before I started playing I was absolutely clueless, more so than most.
Quote by Raizer Sabre
this is the biggest pile of crap i've seen since that little bit in jurassic parkwhere you see dino crap everywhere...
My grandma as I am holding my new guitar: So what style do you like to play, bass guitar or guitar?
Quote by alkalineweeman
If by "clean" you mean "get a finger right up in there and do a good bit of spelunking" then i guess "at any given opportunity" is my answer.

mah hardcore band
http://monstersvsaliens.bandcamp.com/
Quote by Teh GIR
"can you teach me how to play one"

"whats the difference between a base and a guitar"

Bass...

Quote by MayContainNuts
"isnt a bass lyk just a gitar wif 4 strings and innit propa eezy lolz!!1!"

A falcon punch to the babymaker was delivered.

lol i just thought of Kirby doing the falcon punch to a random kid
My mom asked me "Why do you play all the way up there? (8-9th fret) The guys at church never go that high! You must be doing it wrong."

Then she asked me "Why doesn't your guitar have a hole in it? How does it make noise without the hole?"
Quote by Les_Frederiksen

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Quote by Biehayn
Bass...

sarcasm...
Mesa Boogie DC5
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Quote by Smokey Amp
That's probably because Fenders are better than Gibsons.

I was playing my friends bass in music class one day, and a girl came up to me and said I'm good at the air guitar. After I called her an idiot, she said "aren't those big strings filled with air? It's an air guitar."

Wtf.