i was looking at some BOSS pedals and i was wondering which pedals u might recommend to me for my wishlist for christmas. i have the tuner and noise suppressor already. i had my eye on the DD-6 delay, the Super Chorus, the compression sustainer pedal, thwe metal zone dist pedal, the equalizer, and the flanger pedal. With the pedals i mentioned could i really shape my tone well and get a desired range of musical styles? please no multi-fx pedals cause they are a wicked pain in the arse to gig with. no price range for me and i play all styles of music from Classical, country, 70's 80's rock, alternative/grunge, metal, nu-metal. my main amp is a crate vintage club 50 all tube head. So any other pedals you can recommend me would be awesome and also if you could tell me your experiences about the pedals i mentioned would also be helpful. thx alot!
XBLive Gamertag: ecdeluxe1000 send me friend requests (make sure u put UG in the message somewhere)
dude what are u talking about multi fx rock
my boss me 50 is the easiest ever to use u juts turn configure ur settings and thats it itshas so many boss pedals integrated basically what u juts said and more
^ ok cool i didnt realize the capabilities of some multi-fx pedals. my experience with multi-fx is a cheap ZOOM multi-fx pedal which imo is a major pain in the ass and sounds like poo. but i never had the chance to try out a better multi-fx, thx for the suggestion
XBLive Gamertag: ecdeluxe1000 send me friend requests (make sure u put UG in the message somewhere)
ive got the super chorus and the metal zone, and they're both amazing, but with the variety of styles you play, the metal zone might not be the best, it doesn't sound that good with low dist; its best for metal(duh) and alternative
Quote by ratracekid111
And the Tax! Dear God! When I only get one virgin a month, I want the whole freakin' thing! The damn government shouldn't be chopping it in half
well think about it all the pedals ull buy will cost up alot of money the boss me 50 has so many pedals almost every boss pedal in it and some u wont even find
If you want better quality and useability, go for single pedals.

If you want more effects for cheaper price, easier to transport & don't need so many wires etc, go for multieffects.
i would start looking away from boss if I were you. there are many many other pedal manufacturers out there. If you want a delay I would suggest the Electroharmonix (EHX) #1 Echo

For a chorus, the EHX Small Clone

For distortion a proco rat 2 or EHX Metal Muff.

The Boss CS-3 I've never tried but I don't think I've heard any particularly bad things about it. There's also the MXR DynaComp and of course the EHX Soul Preacher (i've g some sort of signal booster at the start of your chain as wellbecome a EHX junkie, spent all of yesterday in a shop playing through their pedals lol, all good so far)

For an equalizer the danelectro fish n chips pedal is probably as good as the boss at a fifth of the price (poor construction but i mean you dont throw them at walls do you?)

For flanger, I don't really know here, I have little interest in flanger, MXR make some good ones I think, the EVH signature one gets decent reviews

ALSO. Are you just buying these for the sake of having every effect you can lay your hands on? This is going to seriously suck on your tone. I would advice havin

Additionally this is going to run you up around £250, what amp are you suing? If you are unhappy with your sound a new amp could be a far wiser buy
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
OK ya ready??

Distortortion-Boss DS-1, DS-2 or MD-2
I can vouch for the DS-1 ad the MD-2. They're both pretty great. THe Mega Distortion is high gain though, there is some noise when turned on, so a noise gate might help. I've never tried a DS-2, but it seems cool, and the sounds Kurt got out of his are awesome.

Chorus-Boss Chorus Ensamble. I can't vouch for the super chorus, but the chorus ensamble is amazing, can brighten your tone or give you a full on liquid effect. The EHX small clone has revieved much praise around here, so check into that to.

Compression-Go for the MXR Dyna Comp. Can't be beat. Period.

Delay- I'm also in the market for a delay, and have a thread up about it around here you might have interest in. FRom my search, I say the EHX #1 Echo is the best for the buck. The DD-6 is hella expesive, and isn't that impressive. The Echo Park is very nice, but I've heard mixed reviews. I'm going with, and reccomend, the EHX #1 Echo.

EQ- The Boss GE-7 is a great EQ. I'd reccomend it. If your on a budget, then hit up the Fish and Chips or MXR, but if you have the hundred, get this.

WHy exactly do you want a flanger?? I say save the money, they're seldom used and not that cool of an effect, but that's just my opinion. If you really want a modulation, besides the chorus, get a phaser. MXR Phase 90 or 100.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
NO TO BOSS!!! There are such better pedals for the money if you take some time to look around

Distortion-ProC RAT or EHX Metal Muff

Delay-EHX #1 echo, kills the DD6 or DD3

Chorus-Small Clone, super chorus is way to harsh and digital sounding

Compression-MXR Dyna Comp or EHX Soul Preacher

EQ-MXR 6 Band EQ, cheap, simple, and great sounding
My Strat/Modded '69 RI Mustang
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
Fender Blues Jr. [JJ Power Tubes, White Grille, Warehouse Speakers Greenback Clone]
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
Quote by Johnonon

Distortion-ProC RAT or EHX Metal Muff

Delay-EHX #1 echo, kills the DD6 or DD3

I'm just wondering, are you saying that about the #1 Echo because you have it? Or is it seriously a really good pedal?

The ProCo Rat is good for distortion, and if you want Overdrive, check out a Digitech Bad Monkey for about the same price as a Boss OD pedal.
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
No price range?

delay - TC Electronics Nova Delay
Diamond Memory Lane

compressor - Keeley Compressor

i'd also suggest you sell your tuner for a Strobostomp and noise suppressor for an ISP Deciminator (sp?)
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
I'm saying #1 for a few reasons

1-It's 99 bucks and comes with a power supply
2-Sounds great, versitile, and true bypass
3-I have it, so I've had a lot of time messing with it and i know it's great
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
Fender Blues Jr. [JJ Power Tubes, White Grille, Warehouse Speakers Greenback Clone]
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
^ Fair enough
By the way, I've always wanted to tell you that your gear is awesome
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna be big yeah...

flickr
thanks man, i'm just trying to find my own tone. And here's a very true equation

Job+No woman=gear eruption

You've got quite an impressive list as well. Deluxe Memory man and an old Japanese OD-1. That's tone right there. That C-1 is gorgeous too
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
^Thanks a lot mate!
I'll quit spamming this thread though for now, and I'd like to comment on the fact that the threadstarter has a good tube amp. Maybe a Tubescreamer/similar pedal will do you good?
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna be big yeah...

flickr
how much gain does that amp get, cause a tubescreamer or similar OD might be all that's needed, great idea
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
yeah i missed that no price range bit. you hsould probably set yourself one, otherwise you're going to be dishing out in excess of $1000 on pedals here
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD