Hello guys, i just joined in and i have a question
i saw a nice bargain for starters (like me) but i dont know if its good .
the set contains :

- yamaha EG-012 Guitar
- yamaha amp GA-15
- yamaha tuning device YT-100
- and a few others things like extra strings, bag and such

The set costs 199,- euro. I wanted to search a review about the guitar and amp but i couldnt reallie find one :S
pic :

So what do u guys think :O?
thats pretty much same starter i had.. its pretty good but eventually my tone knob came off.. could of been a defective guitar though >.>
If you're serious about guitar than you're better of buying a guitar and amp of a bit higer quality. If you don't really know if guitar is really your thing than you could buy this, but you could also try to get a cheap guitar and amp used, 'cause that will cost you a lot less (a lot of people buy a low-end guitar and are bored with it within a month so there are dozens of them on ebay-ish websites)
Washburn X50 PROFE
Dean Custom 450
Morley PWA Pro Series Wah
Big Muff Rams head
Zoom G2
Ibanez Phase Tone
Randall RG75 G3

Tales of Ale: http://www.talesofale.com
Hmm alright! thnx for the info :P i think ill try this .. if someone has this kind of guitar lemme know if it plays good xD
dude u should get an epi pack like a les paul pack or somthin like that
Quote by RizzoWashburn
Oh, and this is the internet. I have the right to be a douchebag. Fuck off.
I saw this on sale in a supermarket (Lidl). For some reason that just screams big no-no to me although that's just prejudice as I haven't played the guitar before. For that price then it's probably good value but you get what you pay for so if you like it then go for it and then in say a years time you can evaluate and if you find that you're serious about guitar then you can think of upgrading then. It's probably not worth it to buy nice gear at first only to find that guitar is not for you.
if u buy it at ur local store, you should always be able to get them to throw in all the accesories for free or a small amount of money if you buy ur amp and guitar there.
maybe you could get an epi les paul standard, with a microcube amp
Half Man, Half Bearpig! I am Super Sereal!

Quote by jravolta
Every time the Jonas Brothers play, an innocent in Darfur is killed.

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee
I am not 12, but my sack is still hairless.

Quote by magnum1117
my balls are hairy as chewbacca's...
that doesnt look too bad really, could do alot worse
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
Quote by musicfreak003
epi les paul standard, with a microcube amp

The problem there is the price difference though. I doubt he could get that (plus all the accessories) for 199 euro. In fact it'd probably be closer to 500.
i cant find a les paul or epiphone starter pack anywhere here and i dont want to buy it off the net cuz of paypal and such and parents who dont let me x3 i think ill give it a try and see how it goes .. but how does a electric guitar reallie sound like if u dont have effects on it? just an guitar and an amp.. ? any links of videos maybe?
oh right i kinda missed the part about the 199 euro. he could save up though

Quote by jravolta

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee

Quote by magnum1117
Quote by Uberness
but how does a electric guitar reallie sound like if u dont have effects on it? just an guitar and an amp.. ?

Model name: Guitar Amplifier GA15

* Power Output: 15W max (8Ω
* Input: 1xInput
* Speaker: 1x 6.5" (16.5cm) 8Ω
* Input Sensitivity: Normal 28m VF=1KHz Gain Volume (Drive) Volume (Clean) & Tone Max
* Noise: -38dBm (Clean Volume Max), -51dBm (Clean Volume Min)
* Controls: Gain (Drive), Volume (Drive), Drive & Clean S/W, Volume (Clean), Trebble, Middle, Bass, Power S/W
* Headphone: 800 mV
* Jack Level: Impedance 16Ω
* Dimensions: 295mm (W) x 300mm (H) x 190mm (D)
* Net Weight: 5kg

There's two channels so you can get a bit of overdrive as well as clean.
definetly go for a guitar with humbuckers
My Gear:
Schecter Omen 6 ( Seymour Duncan SH - 8 Invader Bridge, GFS Crunchy Rails Neck )
Jackson JS30DKT Dinky™ Hard tail ( Stock Pickups )
Fender Squire Stratocaster ( Stock Pickups )
Vox AD15VT Amplifier
Quote by kanashibari_man
definetly go for a guitar with humbuckers

wow that came out of nowhere and was a completely retarded suggestion...wat if he liked the tone of a single coil? wat if he wanted a strat tone?

Quote by jravolta

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee

Quote by magnum1117
Quote by musicfreak003
wow that came out of nowhere and was a completely retarded suggestion...wat if he liked the tone of a single coil? wat if he wanted a strat tone?

+1

Find a Guitar store, or a MUSIC store which sells guitars, and look for a guitar.

I will suggest an Ibanez GSZ model, or a Squier Strat. For an Amp, get a Roland Microcube or a Vox DA5. Also check your local craigslist for deals.
The amp sucks balls but other than that it's a decent enough starter pack. Yamaha make good lower end guitars. Try a Pacifica.
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
^ +1

The amp is awful. Besides that the rest is good. I see it this way... its better to save for a decent first set. If you buy a crappy amp, you might not enjoy the tone or want to pick up your guitar as much after a year. The guitar is nice, but like alliwant said; the Pacifica is most likely a tad better. This guitar will suit your needs more then enough though.
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.