Is it really worth it?

I have around £400 to spend on a new guitar; I listen to metal/hardcore and i'm just wondering is it worth me getting a Floyd Rose trem guitar?
I like to change my tunings a lot but I listen to things like Children of Bodom, Trivium which does use the floyd rose quite abit.

What do you recon UG?
well floyd is all personal preference...really unless your just obsessed with doing dive bombs and dimebag squeals...there is no real need for one
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
you have £400 to spend here perfect for you and right in your price range

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/dk-2m/69487

although if you change tunings alot might me a good idea to get a hard tail guitar or use your current guitar for changing tunings
NO ONES GONNA TAKE ME ALIVE
THE TIME HAS COME TO MAKE THINGS RIGHT
Quote by bi-ah!
well floyd is all personal preference...really unless your just obsessed with doing dive bombs and dimebag squeals...there is no real need for one

Ah okay, thanks.
I'd never want a guitar without a locking trem now I've had one. It's become part of my playing. But lots of great guitarists make do without one, so it's all personal preference.
A floyd rose is really fun... I don't use it often, but it's a great thing.
But it sucks if you have only one guitar and want to change your tuning often!
A floyd is great even with occasional use. If you like to change tunings often, get a tremol-no for the floyd.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
I use the floyd alot and i absolutly love it. its very nice to have. although check out kahler, i think they're better.