Hi, I'm interested in writing songs and was wondering if anyone knew of any good chord progressions that i could use to make a song and please include tabs for how to play the chords
thanks.
learn to not use tabs first, a good chord progression is a 1-3-5, a 1-4-5, or a 1-5-3.

and what that means is your playing the root chord, then the 3rd, and then 5th of the root. so say you are playing in A major, you would be playing and A chord, then a D, then the E chord.
Musician Talk has plenty of threads on this topic, do a search there and you'll be fine.
Filth, pure filth... That's what you are.
Quote by synyster.punk
learn to not use tabs first, a good chord progression is a 1-3-5, a 1-4-5, or a 1-5-3.

and what that means is your playing the root chord, then the 3rd, and then 5th of the root. so say you are playing in A major, you would be playing and A chord, then a D, then the E chord.

That has a name, Im sure...its called a circle of fifths or something. Am I right? I dont know much about music theory or chord progressions, but variations on Dsus2 can be quite interesting.