Yes I've been reading up on some stuff and as much as I really want a Matt Bellamy guitar, i realize that manson is not selling them. But its really the effects on the guitar that Im interested in, so does anyone know where and about how much I could go to get a fuzz factory installed on a guitar. And does the guitar model matter.
Of course I'd also have to get a fernadez sustainer installed so same questions on where and price for that too
Thank you
the MB guitar, you meen the one with the Kaoss Pad (colory screen) in the body?
Gear:
Fender Jazzmaster
Boss DS-2
Digitech RP150 (with Line6 EX-1 Exp pedal)
Orange Crush 30R

My Youtube Page
Read this!You know you really want to...

use some sticky glue tape and put it on your guitar
Quote by JamieB
Because all TRUE GUITARISTS know what PLUGINCHILD looks like, DUUUUH!

I want it now, and i want you NOW! give me your heart and your soul!
If you want his sort of guitar, you could do a few things...
1)Take apart a pedal with the desired effect and put it before the output from your guitar, but thats no different than having a pedal on the floor. yo could do th same with an MFX.

2)Get a KAOSS pad. Theres a pretty simple tutorial on the net about how to install one in your guitar. you'll just need the space for the XY sensor screen. I think theres also a mini KAOSS pad which would require less space and canrun of batteries easily so would be the best option. Its also really small so would be easy to route into your guitar or even just clamp it on as many people do. The mini is $200. Again put this before the guitars output
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Last edited by DagMX at Nov 4, 2007,
i wasnt specifically talking about the KAOSS pad mostly because i figured that one would be really expensive and complicated to install. and i dont know exactly how it works, so if someone could explain it, then yeah. i was talking about the fuzz factory stomp box. he has it installed on one of his models, but yes ive seen the KAOSS too. as far as installing the KAOSS are you sure i could do it myself? i think im looking for something that can be installed slightly more permanently, if thats even possible.
Quote by milhouse56
i wasnt specifically talking about the KAOSS pad mostly because i figured that one would be really expensive and complicated to install. and i dont know exactly how it works, so if someone could explain it, then yeah. i was talking about the fuzz factory stomp box. he has it installed on one of his models, but yes ive seen the KAOSS too. as far as installing the KAOSS are you sure i could do it myself? i think im looking for something that can be installed slightly more permanently, if thats even possible.

The kaoss pad mini is about $200 so it isn't too expensive.
Heres a guide on how to install a normal kaoss pad link

For the original the kaoss pad is kept outside the body and the sensor top is on the body itself. Matts guitar actually doesnt have the kaoss pad installed, it has a midi controller for the kaoss pad.

With the kaoss pad mini it would be easier to install the whole thing into the guita itself since it can run of batteries and is really really tiny. I think the installation wouldn't be too hard, but otherwise you could just clamp it on like a lot of people have been doing. It looks cooler that way too :P

As for how it works, isbasically an effects box but has a grid that senses your horizontal and vertical motions as you touch it. These in turn change the values of the effects. LLike you could have the horizonta controlling a pitch shifter and the vertical doing a delay.

Anyway you were asking about the fuzz factory. Putting that in a guitar would be simple. Just take it apart, create a cavity in yuor guitar to hold it and its knobs and then just wire it back up inside and make it so that its before the guitars output.
I'm sure someone here can give you the wiring schematics.

However it would give the same result as a stompbox on the floor so I wouldn't recomend taking your guitar apart for it.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
cool
the main thing is, i have no idea how to create cavities in my guitar and stuff, ha im kinda afraid of ruining the guitar so i was wondering where i could take it to do it for me, i doubt guitar center does that kind of thing. the reason i was wanting the fuzz factory was yeah it does the same as on the floor, but to do the crazy matt bellamy stuff, hes twistin the knobs all the time while playing. its pretty hard to do that if its on the floor. i'll check out the link for the KAOSS pad though
thanks
Quote by milhouse56
cool
the main thing is, i have no idea how to create cavities in my guitar and stuff, ha im kinda afraid of ruining the guitar so i was wondering where i could take it to do it for me, i doubt guitar center does that kind of thing. the reason i was wanting the fuzz factory was yeah it does the same as on the floor, but to do the crazy matt bellamy stuff, hes twistin the knobs all the time while playing. its pretty hard to do that if its on the floor. i'll check out the link for the KAOSS pad though
thanks

a router would let you cut out the cavity. its not too hard.
A guitar shop should have one or access to one in case people ask for them to install a floyd or something.
otherwise just take it to a school that has woodworking/shop classes and they should have a router you can use or someone could help you

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350