well i was wondering what i could do cosmetically to customize my roland cube 60,

i was thinking led lights or something along those lines

nothing exspensive and pretty easy to set up

anyone got any idea's?
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
Sorry, but the grammar police just checked in, LED lights is redundant, just say LED.

As for your actual question, you should have a row of LED's that are in sync with the speaker's output, so that the LED's would light up all the way when the speaker was loud, but then in between sounds, they would light less... uhmm.. kind of hard to explain.

Picture a row of 10 LED's. When you strum a really loud loud chord, they all light up, and then while it fades away, they turn off in line. It would be like a status bar for sound... You know on mixing boards, when theres alot of sound they bar goes up, then falls off when there isn't alot of sound. Do that.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Quote by Øttər
Sorry, but the grammar police just checked in, LED lights is redundant, just say LED.

As for your actual question, you should have a row of LED's that are in sync with the speaker's output, so that the LED's would light up all the way when the speaker was loud, but then in between sounds, they would light less... uhmm.. kind of hard to explain.

Picture a row of 10 LED's. When you strum a really loud loud chord, they all light up, and then while it fades away, they turn off in line. It would be like a status bar for sound... You know on mixing boards, when theres alot of sound they bar goes up, then falls off when there isn't alot of sound. Do that.

yeah that would be awesome, how would i do that though? what parts would i need and roughly how much?
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
Well, first of all you need the LED's, and, do you have any knowledge of electronics?

Get whatever colour you want, but for the purpose of my explanation I will use red. You need a 9 volt battery going to A 330 Ohm resistor, I think 220 Ohm would work as well, and then hyou just wire the LED's in series, and then back to the battery. If you want, put a switch in between the battery and resistor so you can turn it on and off without removing the battery.

check out http://www.abra-electronics.com/

they have all kinds of stuff.

LED's are under a dollar each, and a resistor is maybe 25 cents? REally cheap.. so check it out.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Quote by Øttər

AC-DC converter coming off your speaker out (could just be a FWB) followed by a way to scale the voltage down between 0-5V and then a LED driver (with all the necessary circuitry) is pretty much all you need to achieve that. You could also parallel it off the input with a tad more complicated circuitry and then you wouldn't be reliant on the amps volume for how many LED's light up.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
I'm wondering if you could butcher these and rewire them into your amp...

http://www.xoxide.com/sounaccat.html

As far as aesthetics, I would put them on the bottom, for a shmexy underglow.

I need to see this when it's done. Good luck!
ooh... well you could just put them all by themselves, those are sweet!
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Quote by Ultraturtle0
I'm wondering if you could butcher these and rewire them into your amp...

http://www.xoxide.com/sounaccat.html

As far as aesthetics, I would put them on the bottom, for a shmexy underglow.

I need to see this when it's done. Good luck!

that is some sexy **** right there

along with this
http://www.xoxide.com/logisys-15in-ccfl-red.html

what else would i need for my roland cube 60?
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
Last edited by ChazBcWarlock at Nov 5, 2007,
also anyone knows where you can buy the cathodes in the UK (with sound moduling)
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
Those fluoro tubes draw quite a bit of current - good luck wiring them in from a power tap off your transformer or batteries.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
It's going to be quite hard to do, you'd take it off of the preamp output, not off of the power amp, and use an FET voltage follower.

From there, it's just a simple case of using an A->D converter and wiring LED's on the outputs!
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by ChazBcWarlock
can anyone help please?

Don't double post, especially fort that. This isn't IM,
it takes some time for replies....

Sorry to be Jonny Raincloud here... but unless you have some knowledge of electronics, I doubt you can do this.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Quote by Øttər
Don't double post, especially fort that. This isn't IM,
it takes some time for replies....

Sorry to be Jonny Raincloud here... but unless you have some knowledge of electronics, I doubt you can do this.

+1 tbh, although, it's not too bad to do, just a bit of a pain for the A->D
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
actually i have those cold cathode lights that were linked to in my bass rackmount
i got the 15 inch blue sound kit and the 15 inch red kit
then got slave 12's for each of them
then i bought a ac-->4 pin molex adapter
even when my band and i are playing full blast the sensitivity can still be set so that when its loud it lights up and such...i have it set so that the reds are a little less sensitive, and the blues mainly only light up with hard percussion hits...it's freaking awesome and i get a lot of compliments about it...when i get more money i'm going to get more lights and outline my bass cab in lights and wire them using a plug to the jacks on the rackmount

if you have any more questions or anything how i did it feel free to PM me
ok i might not bother with the sound moduled lights as it seems alot of hard work, my dad might be able to do it but i dont want him to **** up my amp so i might just get the usual 12inch cathodes as they will probably look better as the 15inch is probably too big for my amp
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner