I was playin around at a music store yesterday playin a few guitars, but I want an amp, one that sounds good with my guitar.. so if I brought it, would they let me plug in to some of there amps?

Usually there all stacked up..
most stores want you to buy expensive things, so naturally they should let you use the amps.
My name is Charlie.

Gear
Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet
Fender Deville 410
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Digitech Whammy IV
MXR Micro Amp
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
usually depends on the store, but if they know that your interesred in buying im sure they will

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top, SH-2 and SH-5
Ibanez GRX20
Baron Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss BF-3 Flanger
They should do, but it might be an idea to ring them up first and ask. I'm sure they'd have no problem with it, as they could always try to trick you into paying to have it set up whilst you're there
depends on the store. More local shops dont like you playin alot on their expensive amps but places like Guitar Center, you can play on any amp you like
"F*ck off with your sofa units and strine green stripe patterns, I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may." -

Tyler Durden
the store around here lets me try stuff, guitars, pedals, amps... Just ask. Im sure they will becuase they want to sell u a huge amp im sure.
Oh and, is there any way to tell if its a valve amp?

( sorry im a guitar noob when it comes to gear.. ive used s*** for like 4 years )
Looking round the back might show you some valves. And it might also have a standby switch. Another way to find out is to ask, or look at the name - a lot of valve amps say they are valve amps.
Quote by MxPxPanic
I was playin around at a music store yesterday playin a few guitars, but I want an amp, one that sounds good with my guitar.. so if I brought it, would they let me plug in to some of there amps?

Usually there all stacked up..
Why as us? Ask THEM!

The sales staff and management of a music store can be your best friends if you let them. Get to know these people. Their job is to get you to keep buying your gear FROM THEM. The best way they can do this is to give you all the information, and assistance you need to be an informed customer.

If your local store treats you right, buy your strings, picks, cables and other minor bits from them even if it costs a few pennies more than buying them on-line or at GC. Having a good relationship with these people can be priceless. They can also put you in contact with musicians of similar skills and style. Countless bands have been formed by guys who met each other in a music store.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Why as us? Ask THEM!

The sales staff and management of a music store can be your best friends if you let them. Get to know these people. Their job is to get you to keep buying your gear FROM THEM. The best way they can do this is to give you all the information, and assistance you need to be an informed customer.

If your local store treats you right, buy your strings, picks, cables and other minor bits from them even if it costs a few pennies more than buying them on-line or at GC. Having a good relationship with these people can be priceless. They can also put you in contact with musicians of similar skills and style. Countless bands have been formed by guys who met each other in a music store.

Thats totally what I think, but I dont do it because im not really that good, and then then everyones listenin to you play. I dont know, im embarrased to really.
A music store that wont let you try an amp before buying doenst sell to many. I wont buy one unless I can try it. As for your skill level. Who cares what others think. If your worried jimmy page will stop by and show you up! Yea there are those who like to show how they are better than everybody else and such. Just ignore them and do what you want to do.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Why as us? Ask THEM!

Good advice! Some friendly conversation in a store can go a long way, shaking the managers hand can mean a lot too! I've helped attract customers into a store once with some advice, in return, the store workers treated me really nicely and let me try out all this vintage gear. Even gave me considerable reductions!
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
^ A smart owner knows a friendly environment leads to more business. People are less concerned with saving a few pennies than getting the help they need.

The owner of the store you go to made money on you. Make no mistake about that. But he didn't need to make it all at once. If he makes a little money here and there, and you get good deals and a chance to try things out, everybody wins.

Quote by MxPxPanic
Thats totally what I think, but I dont do it because im not really that good, and then then everyones listenin to you play. I dont know, im embarrased to really.
Pfft! Get over it. I've seen plenty of kids go to my friend's store that really weren't that good. Some of them couldn't even play two chords in sequence without pausing for a second to change the fingering.

A decent store owner will NOT judge you. He's smart enough to know you'll be much better some day. He also knows you might keep coming back to his store and buying merchandise from him and keep him in business.

I've seen kids get barred from my friend's store for 2 weeks for teasing a newbie. They didn't make that mistake again.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Last edited by SomeoneYouKnew at Nov 4, 2007,