hey guys,

im from puerto rico and im new here and new to the guitar stuff a little bit too.im starting with guitar pro 5,wich is exelent and ive learned almost everything i know about electric guitar from that awsome program.i am new to electric guitar but not to the acoustic because i play at school,and im in a orchesta (sorry,i dont know if i spelled that right)

so thats it,i just wanted to let you people know that im here.
is there anybody else here from purto rico?

~chukie
Welcome, and my music teacher always says it's easier to start with acoustic, then go to electric, so it shouldn't be too hard

No, I'm not form Puerto Rico, but I am in the US.
ESP F-250
Tubescreamer TS7
Boss DS-1
Boss Metal Zone
Jackson JS30KV
Vox AD50VT-212
POD 2.0
^ I just think its said that the acoustic is better because you don't need all these knobs and such to work it. You work on your technique and playing, thats it. Plus, you get that beautiful natural acoustic tone.

Well welcome to the boards bro. Nice to have a nice honest person on here. I hope you have fun playing and coming on here. If you have ANY questions, feel free to ask us.

Side-note: I'm the Canadian of this group.
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Yeah i started with acoustic and im so thankful for doing it, ive had friends who think it has no affect and yet they all suck. SO anyways welcome to the boards, its nice having cool people here

Btw its orchestra i think >.>
hehe,thanks guys for the support.i really appreciate it,i already fell good here.

and yes,i started with acoustic (as i said in the fist post).
Another reason I think accoustic is better to start with is cause of it's harder action(strings are usually harder to fret). This makes you train your finger muscles, and when you switch to electric, you find the action so easy. I remember trying my friend's electric for the first time. God, it was almost like fretting cotton. I also think(that's my opinion), an electric's body is much smaller then an accoustic, which adds even more comfort when you switch. Anyhow, electric is easier then accoustic, which makes you much better if you started with an accoustic and switched to electric.

But yeah, welcome on the forums. Anything you're wondering, people will always reply, even tho there's a small group of people that enjoy flaming others. Just don't hang out in the pit too much
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

Quote by Spike6sic6
But yeah, welcome on the forums. Anything you're wondering, people will always reply, even tho there's a small group of people that enjoy flaming others. Just don't hang out in the pit too much

heheh,thanks.

and anybody have a good HEAVY song for me to keep learining on?
im getting good on (sic) by slipknot.
Quote by CHUKIE

and anybody have a good HEAVY song for me to keep learning on?

anybody?
Some advice...just dont mention in the forums:
-that you have and like a Marshall MG series.
-you play through a Boss Metalzone and you sound just like Zakk Wylde.
-you listen to Fallout Boy and need to know the tab for Sugar We're Going Down.

I think you'll be OK with the Slipknot stuff so far...lol.

Not that any of those (well, two out of three) are bad....people tend to think otherwise here.
Cheers