Hi, i've been playing guitar now fro like 3 months. Electric for almost a month of those and i bought this nice and good beginner kit: http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/1/6/2/275162.jpg
The guitar is just great for me as a starter but when i comes to the amp. OMG! my friend has a 20W Lanley for like 230 dollar or so. And it's like really nice and i just love it. And well i still want to get somthing eaven better and i will mostly play punk and rock, some metal. So mostly powerchords. Songs from band such as Green Day, Blink 182 and White stripes. I've played on this 15W VOX AD15VT and it was nice. Many effects but the question is. Will i be using this and can i get somthing better for the money if i would like buy somthing else with less "mix buttons and ****" like a plain one with mabye like Metal - Rock - Punk - Blues or what'ev or somthing like that. Then i realized aswell that there is no meaning going 15W. So i thought 30W and it can cost up to like 400$ and the more W the better. But i want mostly as i said Punk, Rock and some metal.
I've been looking at some othe amp like this ones:

http://www.4sound.se/ProductDetails.aspx?m=4&i=56&s=0&articleId=468168
http://www.4sound.se/ProductDetails.aspx?m=4&i=56&s=0&articleId=483082

And if i would save all my birthday money and for christmas take all the money and put togheter i could have this one :O

http://www.4sound.se/ProductDetails.aspx?m=4&i=56&s=0&articleId=484179

And this, I could use for like everything to playing at home (low volume ^^) And play with a band so i could like do everything with this.

Thanks/Markus
Last edited by Blomman at Nov 4, 2007,
my best opinion would be to get a marshall =D their a little expensive, but alot of bang for the buck...
dont get teh spider.

just dont.
Gear
Epiphone G-400
Orange Tiny Terror
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Blackstar HT-Dual
MXR 10-Band EQ
Quote by Blomman
the more W the better.

Thats where you went wrong- you were good until then.
do you know what the W stand for...? sorry if you do and I sound patronising, i just didn't get the feeling that you do.

Anyhow the Vox is a great piece of kit especially for the music you play so I'd go with that.
Quote by miguul911
my best opinion would be to get a marshall =D their a little expensive, but alot of bang for the buck...

with his pricerange all you can get from marshall is the MG series.
No. Just...no
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Vox AD15VT. Either AD15 or 30.

Epi Valve Junior half stack.

Roland Cube 30X.

You should be looking somewhere around that range, but a peavey won't do you wrong.

Edit::

Crate VTX Series VTX30B 30W 1x10 combo.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Crate-VTX-Series-VTX30B-30W-1x10-Guitar-Combo-Amp-487058-i1320912.gc

Can't say from experience that it's all it looks to be, but it seems pretty decent.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
Last edited by Ishiga at Nov 4, 2007,
If you don't want to spend too much money, why don't you buy a second hand amp. I have a Fender 85 deluxe. It sounds great. 85 watts . just look on the internet, but make sure its in good state
Quote by geluidsterroris
If you don't want to spend too much money, why don't you buy a second hand amp. I have a Fender 85 deluxe. It sounds great. 85 watts . just look on the internet, but make sure its in good state
My parents cares about me a bit too much so they won't let me met people and sell stuff >.< Darn.

But mabye i will buy a Vox. And my friend would be sorry if i don't cause i played Voodoo child on it and he was like whoooah (with wha effect)
i waited 3 years to get a second amp. what's your rush?
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Quote by Storm_Bringer_
i waited 3 years to get a second amp. what's your rush?
Well mine sux, really compared to this Epiphone amp and i would get out so much more. And it's my birthday and i feel like getting something nice to my guitar.
And it would be more fun to play ...
In your price range I think the Vox will be great for you. It's a nice sounding amp that is easy to use without all the complications of a full on tube amp.
Not taking any online orders.
Quote by Blomman
Well mine sux, really compared to this Epiphone amp and i would get out so much more. And it's my birthday and i feel like getting something nice to my guitar.
And it would be more fun to play ...

ok vox ad series it is then lol you dont have to use all the effects and stuff, it's a relatively simple amp to use.
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Yeah, the guy in the store was like here you can jump and push here to get the speed up of the effects and then you can allso get this standard settings. And i was like O.o ^^

But yeah, can't wait now.
of course you take the vox....it was my beginner amp too and i loved it
my gear:

guitar: Schecter c1 classic
amp: Engl fireball
box: Engl v30 4x12
effects: g-major
in future: ESP eclipse, PRS Custom 24...
Quote by dickeskind
of course you take the vox....it was my beginner amp too and i loved it
Yeah, and tomorrow 5 nov it's just a month to my birthday
xD i've been playing 5 months now my birthday last month i got a micro cube xD

saving up for a vox ad30vt now.. (those are basically tube amps rite? do they make the same sound?)
^ no they dont get a tube amp.
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!