Hey all,
Lemme first introduce myself. I'm from INDIA and i played in a metal band for abt an year. I mostly did rhythms. I'm in the USA(detroit) now for my masters studies. And i'm hoping to buy my second guitar.

I dont wanna brag, but i should say i'm a decent rhythm guitarist. And now i wish to *upgrade* to a better Lead Guitarist. I have a $300 budget and i wish to start off playing solos. I know that some guitars are more suited for rhythms and others are made for soloing. stuff with thin necks n all. I dont have much idea abt that, So I'm Here.

Back in India, i played on a cheap strat copy. Played stuff like obituary, metallica, sepultura, slayer, soad... I always did the rhythms and now i'm keen on solos.
I wanted to know which would be a better *solo*(thin necks?) guitar for my budget. I dont have any other preference as such. I dont have an amp as of now. I will be playin with a multi-fx pedal and run it thru headphones(only practice practice n more as of now). Amp will have to wait.

I really love Les Pauls' look. And there is a black refubed Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top Electric Guitar on sale for $299. But, i also heard LP is not really a "Shredder" guitar.

I dont see myself buyin another guitar after this for atleast another year. Hence, i wanted to make the best choice. So, Should i go with the Epi LP std. or the experts would recommend something else??

Thanks in advance
Ibanez RG321 is probably the best "shred" guitar under $300

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

well just stick to a epi lp you could try to look for a strat p.s don't always look at the expensive brands copys are sometimes great
Quote by 1sebastian1
well just stick to a epi lp you could try to look for a strat p.s don't always look at the expensive brands copys are sometimes great

well dude on a 300 dollar budget, most copies can be duds.
JACKSON!!!!! the JS30 series are all 300 bucks and they really shred! Comes in 5 different shapes. V, RR, Warrior, Kelly, and Dinky.
Quote by phoetwny
try to find a used schecter c-i,good for rythym and lead

+1

You're gonna have to shell out 100-200 dollars more for it though.
Quote by Eric 666
Ibanez RG321

279.99 at musiciansfriend.com

Rap is music too. It is just another evolution of the medium. Don't be a douche and say it isn't.
Quote by Death Shred
JACKSON!!!!! the JS30 series are all 300 bucks and they really shred! Comes in 5 different shapes. V, RR, Warrior, Kelly, and Dinky.

from personal preference and reviews, the rr is the best
im thinking of buying it, its got a really fast neck, but i would prefer a mahogany body
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

wow.. quick replies..
i read that the low end jacksons arnt that good at all... any specific models ???? and where can i order online???
Not sure about the jacksons, but I also here the low-enders are pretty bad.

Order on musiciansfriend.com I have yet to find a big problem with them.

I DOUBT very much that the LP would be at all good for you. Go with something of an Ibanez, Schecter, or something along those lines.
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Last edited by elekguit at Nov 4, 2007,
thanks for the quick replies... .
so if i have to choose between ibenez RG312 and Jackson JS30 .. which one would it be??? which Schecter model should i look for??? how abt an ESP ???
Not being offensive or nothing, it's spelled 'about'.

As much as I dislike Ibanez, the RG321MH is the best in it's range. If you don't want a guitar with a floyd rose, that's the guitar to get, but if you want one, I'd suggest waiting till you've got around $450 and then go for a KH202 specially if you're looking to play lead

ESP's are good guitars, though with a budget it's hard to get the best of the bunch obviously.

http://www.zzounds.com/item--ESPKH202
Gear

Guitars -
ESP V-500 w/EMG 81/85
Jackson Mark Morton Signature Primer

Amps -
Marshall JCM 2000 TSL 60 Head
Marshall MS-2 Mini-Amp

Pedals -
Line 6 PodXT Live
Blackstart HT-Dual Valve Distortion