i was looking at maybe gettin a line 6 pod, but is it worth going for the line 6 pod 2 over the line 6 pocket pod?
There's no point fearing death, as it is inevitably going to happen

ESP Ltd H-302
Jackson KE3 (for sale)
Schecter Blackhawk
Roland Cube 60
Do you mean floor pod vs. pocket pod? I don't know much about the pods, but I do know that the floor pods are easier to use and control. And more expensive.

Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell;
And, in the lowest deep, a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.

Bored? read these, or this
I think he means the Pod 2.0 (the regular red kidney bean one). Obviously the 2.0 is much more versitile and has more options. If you care more about simple practice with headphones and portablility, then the pocketpod will do. If you want to experiment with different amp/effects settings, then go with the 2.0.

EDIT: I have never played the pocketpod, however I used to own the 2.0 before I got my XTLive. Let me say, it sounded Awesome with an MG amp....seriously.
Yeah, the pod 2 is more versatile, but it really depends what you want to use it for.
If you're willing to shell out the extra money, the pod 2 is probably the better choice, just because you might decide you want to upgrade later if you get the pocket pod.

Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell;
And, in the lowest deep, a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.

Bored? read these, or this
they are geared towards different ends of the market. the pocket pod is a travelling MFX meant for carrying around for ipromptu practice while the pod 2 is supposed to stay at home for recording etc...

they both have similiar electronics however. IF you really must compare, do a comparison between the pod X3 and the pod 2.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350