I have around 500 USD for a new guitar. I play mostly classic rock and blues, but I play some metal like metallica sometimes. I currently have an epiphone lp standard but I dont like the access to the upper frets so I would like something with good access to higher frets. I plan on going to play all the suggestions i get to see which I like the best. I have been looking at the Schecter C-1 Artist. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks!
The Gibson Faded Flying V rocks. So does the Faded SG (my exgirlfriend had it). People put them down, but I love the feel and the sound. I got it when I was into a lot of classic rock.

I haggled and got my for 400 brand new.
Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V

Marshall MG100HDFX
Marshall MA50C

Boss DS-1
Digitech RP50
Digitech Whammy IV
Vox V847 Wah Pedal
I'll add to the Flying V. Real fun guitar.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Telecaster as well maybe? I'd definitely go for a V myself, lthough nowadays they've been metallised, have a look at the epi Korina ones, they definitely seem to still have that 50's feel about em.
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
maybie a strat, or the randy rhodes jackson, thats got good fret access.
Quote by boreamor
Thousands upon thousands of people yelling "IcyHot"...

Quote by imdeth
She looks like she has triforces in her eyes...

Quote by Nakon14
*sigh* yet again, only on UG would somebody rush to their computer to tell the pit when their lives or property are in dire trouble.
for classic rock and blues, youve already got what Id recommend in that price range.
If you want something with great fret access and maybe 24 frets you might wanna look into some Ibanez/jacksons but those are often rock/metal oriented. (Not saying those wont do rock/blues well tho!!!!! Just saying theyre not the obvious choice to get a mellow bluesy tone.)
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
Definitely some kind of SG, although I'm not sure what the options are in that price range. I think of SGs as the ultimate classic rock guitar, especially if you need good upper fret access.

Check out some epiphones, G-400s are generally great guitars, or so I've heard. An Epi Elitist SG might even be in your price range, but I dunno how much guitars are over there.

EDIT: Yeah, it seems you're looking at either a Epi SG at $300 or so, or a Gibson faded SG at $580 or so. Not sure if the Gibson is worth that much more money, if you got an Epi the money save could go towards a pickup change perhaps; the Gibson at that price won't have the best pickups.
Last edited by Vermintide at Nov 4, 2007,
I would say a strat. Maybe a Fat Strat if you want a bit more distortion.
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
PRS singlecut is nice. Good bluesy tone on it IMO.
Quote by Gunpowder
Sekhmet: Known for ritually sacrificing the innards of small woodland creatures.

Also, being a girly-girl.

Quote by Creepingjesus73
As for you, Mistress of Mayhem; just remember who it is who can lick * *** + *****'* **** *****out of the ****** of the ***!

Gibson SG Jr? Single P90 pickup, absolutely nails most classic rock tones.
I have to say, Flying V's seem so limited. It's just not a very versatile guitar, but really I don't like humbuckers much overall. I'd go with a Strat, and if you REALLY want then go for your fat strat. The SG would probably suit your needs pretty well too.
My attempt at gear-
Fender Jaguar (limited edition Cream with gold hardware.)
Goya Rangemaster (1967 Italian Archtop)
Martin SWDGT Acoustic.
Vox AD50VT.
Ibanez Tubescreamer, Wasabi Delay, MXR BLUE BOX.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
I have around 500 USD for a new guitar. I play mostly classic rock and blues, but I play some metal like metallica sometimes. I currently have an epiphone lp standard but I dont like the access to the upper frets so I would like something with good access to higher frets. I plan on going to play all the suggestions i get to see which I like the best. I have been looking at the Schecter C-1 Artist. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks!

grr i was so close to just saying les paul until i read the whole thing. get a SG. Schecter=not classic rock at all
A Firebird, maybe? Only other thing I can think of that'd work good for that.
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
Dean ML79. Classic tone from it.
Gear

Guitars -
ESP V-500 w/EMG 81/85
Jackson Mark Morton Signature Primer

Amps -
Marshall JCM 2000 TSL 60 Head
Marshall MS-2 Mini-Amp

Pedals -
Line 6 PodXT Live
Blackstart HT-Dual Valve Distortion
Strat, Tele, SG, Les Paul
All of these guitars sound absolutely ripping in blues and rock. Each has their own ups and downs. Strats have a rougher sound (which i love, hense why i own one) which is pretty bright, lots of attack and a pretty fast fall off. Teles are brighter which i find is good especially for country/rock but it can certainly be used for rock and blues. Dont own a les paul but from the ones iv played, they have longer sustain, a smoother sound (not as rough as a strat), its not as bright as a strat or tele, less attack) and SG, well iv got one my mates in my room but i cant really describe it.
www.myspace.com/funkmecrazy
Stevie Ray Vaughan and John Bonham's number one fan

"how do you make a 15 watt solid state amp sound good?"
Quote by p o e
step one, insert screwdriver into speaker
step two buy a good amp