Hi.. In case you didnt notice by my name, i love Evanescence.
I was wondering if somebody could come up with an easy but cool sounding solo for Call Me When Youre Sober???
You can throw it in wherever you feel it would fit..
If you could help me out with this it would be great!
My Gear:
Schecter Omen 6
Schecter C-1+
Digitech RP250
BOSS MT-2 Metal Zone
I can play the whole song including the tapping. Im not good at sololing so probably the solo cant be harder than Paramores Misery Business or Evanescences Whisper...(those are the only solos i know how to play.) It wouldnt be a problem to have it while they are singing.
My Gear:
Schecter Omen 6
Schecter C-1+
Digitech RP250
BOSS MT-2 Metal Zone
I wrote a solo in Guitar Pro 5, I just added to the first version of the song in Guitar Pro. It might be a bit hard in one part, I'm not sure. I'll upload it.
It says i havr to update my Guitar pro..But i have version 5...How do i update?
My Gear:
Schecter Omen 6
Schecter C-1+
Digitech RP250
BOSS MT-2 Metal Zone
I have absoutely no idea. Did you register when you got version 5? If you did you should get this update free, just go to the website.
I don't know then, you'll have to ask someone who knows their stuff, 'cause I only know how to write stuff in Guitar Pro, and that's only to an extent.
Hmm..Anyway you could write in Guitar Pro 4 fromat? I think if you did that, it might work on mine. Al you gotta do is go to export i think and Guitar pro 4
My Gear:
Schecter Omen 6
Schecter C-1+
Digitech RP250
BOSS MT-2 Metal Zone
Quote by jaffawoman
I don't know then, you'll have to ask someone who knows their stuff, 'cause I only know how to write stuff in Guitar Pro, and that's only to an extent.

go to file, then export and pick the guitar pro 4 format.

it should make it into a file that gp4 should play and so GP5 should be able to play it too
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Eminored
Or export to midi and have her import to midi.

then the fingering is messed up/won't be exactly what you had written
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Umm wow...
That wont work on my GP5 either!!!!
UGHH
Why is GP so stupid?!?!?
My Gear:
Schecter Omen 6
Schecter C-1+
Digitech RP250
BOSS MT-2 Metal Zone
Could you just write out the tab?
My Gear:
Schecter Omen 6
Schecter C-1+
Digitech RP250
BOSS MT-2 Metal Zone

e------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
B------15b-------------------------------------17v---19br-16v---------------------------16-19b-19v-----
G-16v-----14v--16-14------------------16-17-19---------------19-17-16-19-17-16-19-17-16----------------
D--------------------/19-17-/19-17-19------------------------------------------------------------------
A------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
E------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 pinch                                                       slow then fast, multiple times    pinch, wide vibrato

I know you said it'd be a problem if it's during the singing, but this is what I came up with. (I'll work on some more that'd fit between the singing.) It starts at about 2:21 in the song (on the song up on Youtube at least) and the "19-17-16" part repeats and speeds up then quickly goes to the next part with the pinch harmonic ending the solo and the song going into the chorus.

Recording up soon so you can hear it.
Thanks so much! about how long will it be before you get the recording up?
My Gear:
Schecter Omen 6
Schecter C-1+
Digitech RP250
BOSS MT-2 Metal Zone
Alrighty, the timing is a tad off when it gets to the last part, and I actually meant about 2:46 in the song. There's another one I thought of for the earlier part but I can't seem to record it properly.

It's on my profile, labeled Evanescence (rough). Check it out, and I'll try a different style/approach if you want.

Edit: Yeah there's not supposed to be a pause at the last part but it's kinda weird for me to be doing.
Last edited by Eminored at Nov 4, 2007,
I like most of it...How do you do the cool little thing at the end?
My Gear:
Schecter Omen 6
Schecter C-1+
Digitech RP250
BOSS MT-2 Metal Zone
Pinch harmonic. There's lessons all over, even on UG, on how to do 'em. Work well in solos if not overused.

And if you wanna write your own solo (which is probably better because I'm more of a Santana-style player) just look up some scales and mess around with them. The Pentatonic scale has a heavier rock/metal sound to it.
Last edited by Eminored at Nov 4, 2007,