what effects does slash use on sweet child o'mine ?

i know he uses a gibons les paul, and a marshall half stack i think, and most of the sound comes from there, but doesn anyone know if he uses a tube screamer or anything ?
have a pretty full gain sound on the amp and set your guitar on the neck pickup and bring the tone knob down about a third.
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
Quote by danielrobbyshor
have a pretty full gain sound on the amp and set your guitar on the neck pickup and bring the tone knob down about a third.

ok, i'll give it a blow. thanks.
or just buy the line6 PocketPod and select the sweet child 'o mine sound :P
<BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA ! ! !
Quote by A Green Blink
or just buy the line6 PocketPod and select the sweet child 'o mine sound :P

lol
i dont own that, but i got the live xt version
Basically just a pretty high gain sound, on the neck pickup. I think it's a pretty generic smooth solo tone TBH.
^ If you want to get very technical he didn't use the Jubilee on AFD , he used live '88 to '91 ( the st.louis incident ) on AFD he used an amp he had stole from SIR studios. He first off used a Les Paul copy not a real gibson , and it's not likely he used the Jubliee seeing as AFD was recorded in 86 and they didn't come about till 87.

Check it all out here

http://s4.invisionfree.com/Marshall_Law/index.php?showtopic=423

( sorry Im a Slash'head lol )

But all you need is the neck pickup , on a humbucker guitar , with a decent gain.
You could try fingerpicking it for a rounder sound. I like the sound I get when I fingerpick that song. Or you could Chick'n pick it.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Quote by Nirvana_RATM2
^ If you want to get very technical he didn't use the Jubilee on AFD , he used live '88 to '91 ( the st.louis incident ) on AFD he used an amp he had stole from SIR studios. He first off used a Les Paul copy not a real gibson , and it's not likely he used the Jubliee seeing as AFD was recorded in 86 and they didn't come about till 87.

Check it all out here

http://s4.invisionfree.com/Marshall_Law/index.php?showtopic=423

( sorry Im a Slash'head lol )

But all you need is the neck pickup , on a humbucker guitar , with a decent gain.

sweet,. thanks for your help, and the rest of you guys !