Hi!
Please can someone crit my song. And please don't say if it's good or bad, but some explanation of things you would do different and stuff like that
The recording quality is very bad unfortunately. Only recording mic I have is the one on my mp3 player. The song is in my profile.

Thanks in advance!
And of course, C4C
i found that pretty mediocre, i mean it was pretty generic and there was nothing to break up the sameness and monotny

to improve it id add words, change the stucture and add a slow emotional solo
Endorsed by Framus Amps

Quote by primusfan
you shoulda lynched that nigger.

*spits in spittoon and feels up his cousin*
its be cool if you could layer some picking over it but since it was just on your mp3 palyer, you probably cant do it. but it was kinda of generic. the same progression as pretty much every other song out there rightnow. but keep working on it and you'll get better.
Considering its just an mp3 player I'd say it was decent recording. Even though it's a simple song I enjoyed listening to it, not everything has to be complex. I personally don't think a solo would fit into the song, but lyrics would definitely make a large improvement to the song, otherwise it's just too plain. Another suggestion would be to change the force of your strumming to add some dynamics to the song, making it more emotional IMO.

could you crit my song as well? http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Edgeworth08/music/all/play119067
Thanks for the replies!
I tried to do a second layer in the song, but when i put the song in guitarpro 5, the chords sounded really bad. Very computer-like, if you know what I mean. So I think a second layer would not sound good on top of that bad-sounding first layer.
And for the lyrics, I'm really bad at writing lyrics. Maybe a bit afraid to show emotions or something like that

So, does anyone know how I can put the song in GuitarPro 5 without making the song sound so bad? Thanks
Quote by patrickz
Thanks for the replies!
I tried to do a second layer in the song, but when i put the song in guitarpro 5, the chords sounded really bad. Very computer-like, if you know what I mean. So I think a second layer would not sound good on top of that bad-sounding first layer.
And for the lyrics, I'm really bad at writing lyrics. Maybe a bit afraid to show emotions or something like that

So, does anyone know how I can put the song in GuitarPro 5 without making the song sound so bad? Thanks

use Audacity instead, free recording program that can do wonders.