I know they are very good guitars, but are the mexican made standard stratocasters still a good guitar? I mean they are a upgrade from the £50 cheap guitars, that come with amps that are no good? Also has anyone had experience with buying from this website? http://www.musicstreet.co.uk/fenderstandardstratocasterelectricguitar-p-422.html?osCsid=c734ce5deaf9061ddd05e6b5e4296d6f

I know it's better to buy from a store, but the guitar store I go to want over £500 for a standard stratocaster, where as I could buy one from that website for £309.95 and have almost £200 left to buy a better amp.

Thanks.
i own a standard strat and have found that it is almost the same sound and playability as the american strats. the only difference is that the mexican standards are mde in mexico by mexicans and the americans are made in california by mexicans
My standard strat is so good there's no word to describe how excellent it is. The tuning stability is just unrealistically perfect, no amount of trem abuse will detune it. Its just outstanding. Sadly that doesn't mean all standard strats are going to be that good, as the quality control isn't too good on the lower price fenders, some are going to be a bit iffy, so i'd recommend trying one before you buy it, even if it might be a bit more expensive to get one from a store...
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
I know it's better to buy from a store, but the guitar store I go to want over £500 for a standard stratocaster, where as I could buy one from that website for £309.95 and have almost £200 left to buy a better amp.
Do ya know for around £400 you could pick up a Japanese import Strat instead? These usually come with USA custom shop pickups, slightly better finishing (polyurethane rather than polyester) and build quality which, frankly, pisses all over the Mex Standards.
Well worth a look! You'll have to do a bit of hunting though this is a good place to start.
Quote by Prance1992
the only difference is that the mexican standards are mde in mexico by mexicans and the americans are made in california by mexicans

lol thats horrible...but.....true

well the american strats, at least on the sunburst, do have a better finish....and a better feel IMO.....and a better sound too..... but the MIM strats/teles are rly good so yea
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Thanks for the help, and advice. I will buy one from the website I posted.
Quote by Prance1992
i own a standard strat and have found that it is almost the same sound and playability as the american strats. the only difference is that the mexican standards are mde in mexico by mexicans and the americans are made in california by mexicans

thats very true, and its going in my sig lol

Im getting a standard strat from christmas, everybody says they are great and a pickup upgrade makes them even better