I have a licensed floyd rose on my ibanez rg550. i just bought a whammy bar (the rose was second hand and didnt come with one) and it fits in fine. The problem is, I have to use a lot of strength to move it down or up. I know its not supposed to be this stiff, so is there something I need to do to the bridge or something? Did I get the wrong type of bar? Please help!!!
string gauge?
equipment
guitars:
lefty fender tele standard ,
lefty tanglewood electro-acoustic
usa gibson flying v (flipped for lefty)
castrol oil can single coil electric
amp
vox ad50vt
pedals
dunlop crybaby wah
mxr blue box

go on ireland!
is the bridge level?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
string gauge is .10s. the bridge is level yes, but obviously floating! any ideas? do i have to loosen some screws or sumat?
take the back plate off and loosen the springs by turning the screws holding the spring anchor/hook/claw/thing.

god knows why you replaced the existing trem on that guitar. original Edge Pro FTW.
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
Press down on the whammy til it touches the body. Look at the rear of the bridge (raised now, because of applied pressure), and you'll see a little hole in the right side of the bottom of the raised butt of the bridge. You'll need a special tool from Ibanez to tighten/loosen this hingehole adjustment that will, in turn, make the whammy easier/harder to pull up/down.
Ibanez RG5EX1
Epiphone SG-400

Line 6 Spider II 112 - 75w

Monster
BOSS
Dunlop

thanks! the whole guitar was actually second hand, thats what i meant :p and yeh, its the original edge pro ;D

thanks danielrobbyshor, i'll try that out!
the springs on the back are probaly to tight or you have to many. try taking some off.
"And Whamo! Your stuck with some boring job, and they dont let you play guitar and they dont let you take pictures of naked women"
-Homer Simpson
thanks guys, ive sorted it now, it was just a case of adjusting the springs. i now have whammy power for the first time in 6 years!! YUUUUUUUUUUUS!!!
Just adjust the springs.

Edit: Oh, just noticed that you got it right.
I Like Cake