an old-ass ibanez guitar, made in 1980? serial number says G80XXXX whatever.

it has a truss rod cover that says studio on it? its metal too... solid mahogany body and back and top, LIGHTNING neck and action, you can see it in the picture... anyone got any ideas? i love it, it was 50 bucks with the case by theway, i find the craziest damn deals.
it looks almost like a gibson LP double cutaway. mayby from copy era?
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
yard sales kickass
does that sound any good?
and how much was it?
My You'll be the Baddest Dude in Revere!

My Gear:
-Fender Mexican Stratocaster
-Silvertone Paul Stanley Signature Acoustic
-Fender Princeton 65w
-DOD Death Metal
****ing lucky.
that guitar looks awesome, and it's in pretty good condition...
the neck pickup sounds very very very loud and crisp, very surprising, the bridge pickup i am almost convinced is busted, its about 1/4 as loud and sounds kinda dull. ill probably replace it if i end up keeping this, i might resell it after i get it into perfect working order.
Quote by Green_Jelly
The horns on an Artist are even. On his guitar, they're not.

sorry i did not notice that... thanks for pointing that out
It's a Studio ST-50, circa 1980. Street price is in the $250-300 area for a good one.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
What piffy said. Damn good find. Its an excellent guitar too, lucky bastard

Try testing the pickup before you replace it, you might have a problem somewhere else like one of the pots. IIRC, those are Ibanez V2 pickups which are pretty decent. Plus it'd be a shame to go modding a vintage Ibanez.
Last edited by Jason43 at Nov 4, 2007,
Great find you lucky SOB! I love that guitar it looks great and in great shape at that. The dam HS case is worth more than $50.00

I always hope to score at a yard sale. Years ago (mid 80s) I got an old Strat in mint shape with HS case for $50.00 I traded it in for a used Explorer a few weeks later and they gave me $650.00 credit the Explorer was around $490.00. I wish I kept it because I knew it was from the 60s and would be worth much more if I held on to it. I would try and get the pup checked out and repaired instead of replacing it unless you replace it with an original. If you decide to upgrade just save the old pups.

John
You're making me want to start scouring Yard Sales.
2005 Epiphone Zakk Wylde Signature Buzzsaw (ZW Set Pickups)
2005 Ibanez RG5EX1
2002 Ibanez RG320DXQM w/ DiMarzio pups
Line 6 Guitarport
Cakewalk SONAR 6 PE
Propellerhead Reason 3.0
Looks like major fretwear there, no?
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by LP Addict
the neck pickup sounds very very very loud and crisp, very surprising, the bridge pickup i am almost convinced is busted, its about 1/4 as loud and sounds kinda dull. ill probably replace it if i end up keeping this, i might resell it after i get it into perfect working order.

that's the same thing as my old drive guitar that i dropped.
the bridge pick-up is 1/4 as loud as the others.
that guitar has probably been dropped as well.
I love the way the bridge looks. Unknown after market parts FTW.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Quote by LP Addict
the bridge is original, gibralter bridge with a quick-change made in japan tailpeice.

I like.

Not unknown though...
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
kick ass man your a lucky guy. definently a late 70s copy of a washburn maybe? probably worth a good bit just a guess $500 to $1000
I love it.
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
Quote by LP Addict
month old thread, for the win? this guitar has been sold already anyways, haha.

how much did you sell it for?

it looks nice..
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
Quote by LP Addict

an old-ass ibanez guitar, made in 1980? serial number says G80XXXX whatever.

it has a truss rod cover that says studio on it? its metal too... solid mahogany body and back and top, LIGHTNING neck and action, you can see it in the picture... anyone got any ideas? i love it, it was 50 bucks with the case by theway, i find the craziest damn deals.

I wanna be you

Looks like a kick ass buy