I've got my heart pretty much set on a B-52 AT112. I want a cheap, versatile tube amp and I think this is my calling. The only thing is that I want to get it into the hardcore/metal territories. Rather than spending another few hundred dollars and twice the space/weight of a head or 212, I want an OD pedal. I don't know much about these, or whats out there. So I turn to you guys for assistance. Which OD pedal should I get? Budget is 100-150 (max). Thanks
Maxon OD-808. Maxon are the people who built the original Tubescreamer pedals, the OD-808 is a *slightly* (imo) better sounding pedal than the TS-808 and quite a bit cheaper. You could also go for an OD-9 for the True-Bypass, but I can't remember how much that one is so it might be out of your price range, however, the OD-808 can be modded to true-bypass if you ever decided you needed that.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Nov 4, 2007,
or a ts-9
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
Are the metal zone, uber metal, metal core, or bad monkey pedals worth looking at over the OD808?
over the od808? no. the bad money is the only one worth considering at all.
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD