My wrist is getting sore from playing pedal tone riffs with string skipping right at the top of the neck (< 5th fret). I know that the cause of this is the fact that my wrist is bent, but I'm having troubles keeping it straight in this situation.

Any tips?
I just saw the title and under 'Advanced Techniques' and lol'd
Umm... Painkillers?
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
3 words... down the highway

or just rest... or something
I r Pirate!
Quote by Korzack
I just saw the title and under 'Advanced Techniques' and lol'd
Umm... Painkillers?

I guess that's the answer I should have expected when I posted on Ultimate Guitar.
lol
make sure your wrist doesnt bend awkwardly, if your practicing ALOT more than your used to, stop and work up to that amount of time. Warm up before you play, warm down. Message your hands/arms/wrist area even.
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

Quote by tweeres04
I guess that's the answer I should have expected when I posted on Ultimate Guitar.
lol

Even though this is the most immature guitar community on the internet, this still doesn't belong in advanced techniques. You know what you're doing wrong and you know the solution. Practice the solution at a tempo where it's comfortable to play and you will eventually reap the rewards.