I was thinkin about getting a valve junior and making some external mods to it. Maybe a tone, gain, treble and bass knobs. Could add a master vol and a middle. Can anybody tell me how to do it or where I can find out? Maybe what tools I would need as well?
www.valvejunior.com

There's a lot of stuff on there that covers the more popular mods. There's also a thread about the VJ somewhere in here - try searching for it. I think that has a lot of information in it, too
I think there's a thread about it in the Modding section, where this thread should be btw.
Quote by mcrfobtai
I was thinkin about getting a valve junior and making some external mods to it. Maybe a tone, gain, treble and bass knobs. Could add a master vol and a middle. Can anybody tell me how to do it or where I can find out? Maybe what tools I would need as well?
Not gonna happen. You only have two triode sections and a single-ended output. You can't afford the losses you'll get by adding a tonestack. You could add another 12AX7 to make up for this. But if you have to ask what kind of tools, there's no way you're ready to tackle that.

High-cut tone control? That's do-able.

Gain control? The volume control is right where a gain control would be.

Master volume? Sure. Just replace the 220k resistor after the last coupling cap with a 250k pot.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.