After being all ready to swap my Deluxe Reverb for an AC30CCH, i was just offered a '72 Super Reverb. Being the amp i originally wanted the most, i'm pretty much set on it. I just have to throw in a few bones to even out the deal.

questions? comments? concerns? I know Silverfaces arent exactly the most desired of Fenders, but they have to be better than the reissues, no?
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
^ with font that size, you know you have to listen to him
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Quote by mr_hankey
Get It! Get It!

I was actually hoping of your approval the most, knowing of your Fender expertise

I'm just waiting for another email back. He sent me a few pictures of the outside, everything looks alright for its age, i'm gonna ask him for a few gut shots.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
i love my fender amp...get it
SHOWBREAD

Quote by cheese_weasel
Winner of the intellectual comment of the day award.
Remember that it will need a look by a tech. You should definitely expect to spend another $200-$300 to get it into proper working condition. The previous owner might have done that recently (ask when it was last serviced), in which case you might be able to put that off for another 5-10 years.

But yeah, the ones from '72 are almost as good as the blackface models. They're a hell of a lot better than the reissues. I played a '71 a while ago, holy crap.

Also- it's LOUD.
Quote by mr_hankey
Remember that it will need a look by a tech. You should definitely expect to spend another $200-$300 to get it into proper working condition. The previous owner might have done that recently (ask when it was last serviced), in which case you might be able to put that off for another 5-10 years.

But yeah, the ones from '72 are almost as good as the blackface models. They're a hell of a lot better than the reissues. I played a '71 a while ago, holy crap.

Also- it's LOUD.

I emailed him asking him when it was last serviced, i would very much like it if that was recently.
I'd get it. I do love my fenders and im not the biggest vox fan though.. Still, yes, they are much better than the reissues
Old school Fender Amps are sweet man. A shop here has one like you're looking at, and it is a tone monster... too bad it just doesn't work for me in terms of distortion and its overwhelming volume This person isn't from Pennsylvania are they?
I happen to really like the silver faces. I was around when they first came out. Great amps.
Just got an email back from him, he said it was serviced after getting it, and would make sure everything is in perfect working order before sending it.
Lucky!!

A friend of mine had a silverface super reverb. It's possibly the nicest sounding amp i've played. Much better than his JCM900...

Guy's got nice gear.
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
Home-Built Germanium Fuzz Face
MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
2 Fender Blues Juniors