well ive been playing on a handme down epi les paul for quite a while now and it just isnt fufilling my metal needs so im gonna get a flying V.

but heres the deal, i dont know which one to get

theres this one

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Flying-V-Faded-3-Pickup-Electric-Guitar?sku=512846

which is cheaper and i like that but its either that one or the real deal flying V so heres the question..which one of these 2 guitars is going to give me a better metal sound and is there really a big difference in the sound of these guitars?
what amp have you got?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
well right now ive got a little 20 watt amp but its gets the job done

im gonna upgrade that too probably to a marshall or crank amp
Well, I love Gibsons used to collect them esecially Explorers and Flying Vs. I never had any with three pups, not sure if there is a great advantage to 3 of them for metal. I like the Worn Cherry one with two pups for $580.00 better. I have seen them used for as low as $425.00 in the shops around here played a couple they are very nice. You can't go wrong with a Gibson it won't loose a lot of value over the years and is a solid guitar. If you get the less expensive V you'll have a few more bucks for a better amp.

John
yea good point with more money for the amp...

the only thing im worried about is that ive heard that the faded V isnt muddy and produces a clean sound.

well i guess the only option is to go down to GC and try em out right?
try your current guitar out with a bunch of high gain amps- peavey 5150/6505, xxx, mesas, etc. etc. good chance your amp is the problem, not the guitar.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
try your current guitar out with a bunch of high gain amps- peavey 5150/6505, xxx, mesas, etc. etc. good chance your amp is the problem, not the guitar.

yeah, i agree, the change from the lp to the v is not going to give you a huge change in gain
Try to get the '67 reissue, in either worn cherry or ebony. It's a little more expensive than the new v, but it includes a really great case and the guitar itself is generally higher quality.
check out some of the LTD V's. They seem great for the money and have gotten good reviews from various guitar magazines.
My gear!
ESP LTD M-100FM
Custom RR style Flying V
Custom ESP Explorer (in the making!)
Vox AD30VT
Dunlop Crybaby, Deltalab Md-1, rd 1, Morley optical Volume
Because of the shape of a V in comparison to the LP shape you might want to see if you're comfortable with one... I can't play them, personally.
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean.

Get a Dean V.
Gear

Guitars -
ESP V-500 w/EMG 81/85
Jackson Mark Morton Signature Primer

Amps -
Marshall JCM 2000 TSL 60 Head
Marshall MS-2 Mini-Amp

Pedals -
Line 6 PodXT Live
Blackstart HT-Dual Valve Distortion
get a v with emgs in it

go

ESPESP ESPESPESP ESPESPESP
ESP ESP ESP ESP
ESPESP ESP ESPESPESP
ESP ESP ESP
ESPESP ESPESPESP ESP

sorry, got bored
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
Have you actually tried one? They are a pain in the arse to play, especially sitting down.

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

well i would keep my epi if it wasnt so crappy, i mean brand new its a good guitar but this thing i got for 100 bucks from my step bro and its got chips and scratches in it, the bridge is rusted, it breaks strings like crazy and its got a busted pickup and its just time to upgrade lol

so im gonna get a v or an explorer i think, i just need to pick the best one for me
Quote by p.stick
Have you actually tried one? They are a pain in the arse to play, especially sitting down.

u know, they r a pain to play sitting at first but u learn to adjust after a while and its not really a big deal
Rock On