Can it be done with success? im thinking about heavily modding my squier instead of buying a new guitar. (well, by heavily modding i mean replacing the hardware, pups and electronics)

how much does it cost to get a floyd rose and then get it installed?
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Before cost is discussed, think about the mod.

You're only keeping the body and neck, right?
What series Squier is it?
Unless it's an affinity series, it's not worth it. The standard series is made of agathis, as opposed to the affinity series' alder.
Main gear (For complete list, see profile):
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-top
Basswood Telecaster, 2 single-sized HB's, both split.
Epiphone Valve Junior
B-52 AT-412 Cabinet
Oh, and I have a Squier VM Jazz Bass too.
you are retarded if you are modding a piece of shit like that rather than getting a new guitar
Member #3 of the Breaking Benjamin Fanclub PM Electric7 to join.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Standard-FR-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=517910
^ id rather get one, much better quality, and with the routing, buyng and instaling new stuff into the squier, this would be cheaper (considering that its better also)
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

Quote by rafarquhar
Before cost is discussed, think about the mod.

You're only keeping the body and neck, right?
What series Squier is it?
Unless it's an affinity series, it's not worth it. The standard series is made of agathis, as opposed to the affinity series' alder.

yea, its an affinity, i like the feel of it i just thot it would be cool to make it rly good
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by pavel
you are retarded if you are modding a piece of shit like that rather than getting a new guitar

*cough* you do see that i was asking about price right? I am not currently modding this. i was going to see if the price was going to be in a good range first. also, i love the darn thing so screw you
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by Popsai
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Standard-FR-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=517910
^ id rather get one, much better quality, and with the routing, buyng and instaling new stuff into the squier, this would be cheaper (considering that its better also)

wow i did not know those existed lol, have to check that out. if i ended up getting a new guitar thot it probly wont be a strat simply because ones enof for me
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional