ballå everyone! i need a amplifier with as many effects as possible and good sound for not so much money... sounds impossible but i do need help, my band will perform in just some months and we have to collect some gear for our peformance... what iam looking for is a small amplifier with reverb, echo, dist, and some smooth effect for arpeggio style... something to play melody for.. believe we use an acoustic guitar for that (but it can be pluged up in a ordinary amplifier) so some sound that will work for that would fit in great too.. help pleaase!
I mean, for cheap, you could get a line 6 with all the pre-sets. I could see that being under 250
vox advt series lots and lots and lots of effects my friend
equipment
guitars:
lefty fender tele standard ,
lefty tanglewood electro-acoustic
usa gibson flying v (flipped for lefty)
castrol oil can single coil electric
amp
vox ad50vt
pedals
dunlop crybaby wah
mxr blue box

go on ireland!
Either a Roland Cube 60 or a Vox AD30 or AD50. Check those out.
Daron. The Pit loves you.
daron aka kosmic is now a pit legend
Best post on the pit. Good for you.
thats pretty epic.
So you're like a slower paced Forrest Gump...
Yup...
Quote by crazeehorse
vox advt series lots and lots and lots of effects my friend

your friend what ?????

god dammit i wanna know
Quote by RizzoWashburn
Oh, and this is the internet. I have the right to be a douchebag. Fuck off.
I got my line 6 spider III 30W amp with like 200 euros and it has 6 effects and you can have 2 at the same time. It has a reverb (a pretty good one, unless you turn it to max and it starts to reverb every little stupid sound the guitar makes), 2 echo effects that I can't say that is the one I really wanted, a tremolo effect (it's okay, just a normal da-da-da-da-da-da that every guitarist wants ), a phaser effect (it's okay, however I can't find any good use for myself) and a chorous/flanger effect which is also okay. It has 4 channels, clean, crunch, metal and insane (that's my fav btw cause of it's cool distortion). It sounds good and it has a low price...And if you want something else check for other models of the spider III series, since you want effects and a good sound. I would use it at a show... However check the other amps people b4 mentioned since I haven't used/checked any of them.

Here's the link from the e-shop i bought mine

http://www.thomann.de/gr/line6_spider_iii_30.htm

and a link for the next model at the same shop

http://www.thomann.de/gr/line6_spider_iii_75112.htm (i don't find it pretty much worth the extra money since it has only one more effect (delay) and some extra channels...)
Last edited by Alexz11 at Nov 4, 2007,
Don't you dare get a freakin spider.
Get a valvetronix. More amp models, effects, and way better sounding than a spider.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by Alexz11
I got my line 6 spider III 30W amp with like 200 euros and it has 6 effects and you can have 2 at the same time. It has a reverb (a pretty good one, unless you turn it to max and it starts to reverb every little stupid sound the guitar makes), 2 echo effects that I can't say that is the one I really wanted, a tremolo effect (it's okay, just a normal da-da-da-da-da-da that every guitarist wants ), a phaser effect (it's okay, however I can't find any good use for myself) and a chorous/flanger effect which is also okay. It has 4 channels, clean, crunch, metal and insane (that's my fav btw cause of it's cool distortion). It sounds good and it has a low price...And if you want something else check for other models of the spider III series, since you want effects and a good sound. I would use it at a show... However check the other amps people b4 mentioned since I haven't used/checked any of them.

Here's the link from the e-shop i bought mine

http://www.thomann.de/gr/line6_spider_iii_30.htm

and a link for the next model at the same shop

http://www.thomann.de/gr/line6_spider_iii_75112.htm (i don't find it pretty much worth the extra money since it has only one more effect (delay) and some extra channels...)

NO.

Actually, I think it would be a mistake altogether to get an amp with built in effects. They're generally pretty cheap and crappy. If you need the effects that bad, get them from pedals, floor boards, etc.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
*sigh* no spiders, trust me, they're ****.
even a distortion pedal doesn't make it sound better...it's too computerized

get a VOX ValveTronix series amp.

like, the 5watt cube that works.
Quote by Sonicxlover
NO.

Actually, I think it would be a mistake altogether to get an amp with built in effects. They're generally pretty cheap and crappy. If you need the effects that bad, get them from pedals, floor boards, etc.

i agree with that, but he's asking about an amp with effects...a pedal effect is much better than the crappy built in effect of an amp. But i don't know...maybe he wants a new amp aswell...
roland cube, or, if you really have no other way, line 6 spider. its bad, but its got a load of effects and until you get a ear for tone it will serve you well.
or, on the other side, you could get a small tube amp and a multieffect. multieffect would serve you well for some time and later on you will still have a good amp on which you could build on.
Take a look at the crate flexwave series. I've tried to Vox valvetronix series, line 6 spiders, marshall mgs, roland cubes, etc, and the Crate FW65 112 was way better than all of them. It doesn't have as many effects as some of those, but it does have an independent reverb (which sounds great), and also has adjustable chorus, flanger, and echo. Plus three types of delay that you can combine with any of the other effects.
Comes with a three way footswitch and an effects loop, which the other amps don't include.
haha, i don't think i should get a new pedal... I have already put a fortune on pedals... but really, they didn't do that much of what i hoped for. I tried an amp in school, believe it was a VOX.. i didn't care that much of it. but it seemed like we was born for eachother... So here iam.. we will peform really soon, and i will look up every little amp you guys have posted about. don't take me like i have tried every little pedal in the world, i do think there is something out there i would like, but i also need a little amp to carry around and train with, also they got a REALLY BIG booster if i want great sound. but for now i have decided what sort of equipment i want, just have to find something that seems as right as the amp in school (i didn't like the price of it, thats why i didn't bought it) Crate, spider, valvetronix and AD30, i have a past of roland, excuse me for not choose it... but i know far too well what it goes for
Quote by silent mök
ballå everyone! i need a amplifier with as many effects as possible and good sound for not so much money... sounds impossible but i do need help, my band will perform in just some months and we have to collect some gear for our peformance... what iam looking for is a small amplifier with reverb, echo, dist, and some smooth effect for arpeggio style... something to play melody for.. believe we use an acoustic guitar for that (but it can be pluged up in a ordinary amplifier) so some sound that will work for that would fit in great too.. help pleaase!

Somewhere in a cold landscape...that's got to be Sweden, regarding to your name.

Anyway, I've got two amplifiers, one of them is a Roland Micro Cube. It was cheap and really small, with some cool effects like Chorus, Tremolo, Flanger, Phaser, Reverb, Delay...basically all you need. Also different guitar sounds like Acoustic, Brit-Combo, Classic and R-Fier (which is a normal heavy metal sound). I guess, since you will perform, you'll need a bigger amplifier. Roland Micro Cube somes in different sizes, with basically the same effects but they have different names and they have different sizes. Roland amplifiers aren't too expensive and they have an ok sound quality, try one!
vox valv series are your friends!!!
my gear:

guitar: Schecter c1 classic
amp: Engl fireball
box: Engl v30 4x12
effects: g-major
in future: ESP eclipse, PRS Custom 24...
Vox!
Epiphone Les Paul Studio 2005
Marshall JTM-60
MXR Phase 90
Ibanez WH-10 Wah
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion
EHX Q-Tron +
Line 6 FM-4 Filter Modeler
Fender CD60 Acoustic
John Frusciante and RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS UG fanclub.