So I've been thinking about this. There's been a ton of talk about medicare, social security, welfare, etc lately. So my question is, what do you think the government owes its people? I used to think that the government owed a lot to its people, but now I've changed. Why should the government give money to people just because they need it? Obviously affordable health care is important, but that's not the government's job. I mean, our debt is so large if the government continues spending what it does by 2015 it would take every single person in the US paying $50,000 to just pay the interest. That's staggering. Obviously the wars aren't helping, but things like welfare and social security aren't either. At the same time though, I doubt welfare is going to go away. So I think that there should be limits, ie you have to have a certain number of dependants and make a certain amount of money anaually; and you should have a limit of how long people can have it.

anyone else have any thoughts? I realize my views are very right wing on this matter, but I'm more of a moderate all together.
I believe the government owes us water.governmet puts outrageous taxes on water and they keep us from living the dream.how can we get by this if we dont have the healthy cheap water???
Quote by PTfan
I believe the government owes us water.governmet puts outrageous taxes on water and they keep us from living the dream.how can we get by this if we dont have the healthy cheap water???

you're kidding, right?
Quote by Spamwise
you're kidding, right?

**** you. puppet of the government.
Quote by PTfan
**** you. puppet of the government.

LOL yeah because bush is totally my homeboy....

this isn't really "politics" though. not imo anyway.
powitical fred.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...