got a 79-81 fender strat (mia) for my 18th. my mate took a pic an showed his step dad (who's in the hamsters) an he seemed to think that mia strats from that era were poor quality. The guitar is in very good condition for its age and has all original parts. To be honest I'd just like to know if I got decent value for money, I guess I'm just a bit defensive/protective over it.

so basically how much would a guitar like that be worth today?

Ta
MIA 1979 Fender Strat
Epi LP Standard
Squier Strat

Tanglewood

Laney TF300
Fender Frontman 15G

Zoom G1
Quote by NOFX182
to be honest I'd just like to know if I got decent value for money

Well I know nothing about it but it'd probably be useful (for someone else) if you said how much it was.
Quote by Miasma909
Well I know nothing about it but it'd probably be useful (for someone else) if you said how much it was.
don't want to, afraid someone might laff
MIA 1979 Fender Strat
Epi LP Standard
Squier Strat

Tanglewood

Laney TF300
Fender Frontman 15G

Zoom G1
Quote by NOFX182
don't want to, afraid someone might laff

We can only tell you if it was a good deal if you told us how much it was. Personally, I would only pay maybe $700 for one. The two I've played were heavy, and very unremarkable guitars, with just average feel and sound. and yes, that is considered a low point for MIA Strats in terms of quality,
Quote by kyrreca
Do you like how it plays and sounds?
tbh Ive never been able to feel a massive difference between guitars, Im not a guitar buff, just like to play.

Im just interested to know how much its worth really.
MIA 1979 Fender Strat
Epi LP Standard
Squier Strat

Tanglewood

Laney TF300
Fender Frontman 15G

Zoom G1
Quote by NOFX182
tbh Ive never been able to feel a massive difference between guitars, Im not a guitar buff, just like to play.

Im just interested to know how much its worth really.

Condition matters a tone. I would say between $1100 and $1700 depending on conditions and specs, based on what Ive seen in shops and shows in the US. I bet you could get a bit more there.
Apparently 70s strats were poor in comparison to the teles and basses. That's just something I was told once though, might be a load of rubbish.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
spose I dint do too bad considering the shop I bought it from has to make money, happy to support local business

it was £1250
MIA 1979 Fender Strat
Epi LP Standard
Squier Strat

Tanglewood

Laney TF300
Fender Frontman 15G

Zoom G1
that's 625$

I wouldn't pay that much.

I have a local shope near by, they always have things over priced.

you need to find a guitar that fits your style. look hard. and then pay as much as you can.

like now, I want to get a KxK guitar, because it's an 7 string Explorer, with OFR and 24 frets. but it's 1500$ I think it's worth it, because it's rare to find a guitar like that.
Quote by nan0
that's 625$

I wouldn't pay that much.

I have a local shope near by, they always have things over priced.

you need to find a guitar that fits your style. look hard. and then pay as much as you can.

like now, I want to get a KxK guitar, because it's an 7 string Explorer, with OFR and 24 frets. but it's 1500$ I think it's worth it, because it's rare to find a guitar like that.

Actually its not $625 but its $2612.50 going by current exchange rates. One 2 US Dollars = 1 pound. I think you over payed a by a good bit TS, even over there.
well it's insured for £1300 so I could just burn it
MIA 1979 Fender Strat
Epi LP Standard
Squier Strat

Tanglewood

Laney TF300
Fender Frontman 15G

Zoom G1
Quote by NOFX182
well it's insured for £1300 so I could just burn it

And then go to Jail for insurance fraud.
Eh... American guitars are always more expensive over in Europe, just the way it is. Hell, a MIM sells for almost $600 over there last time I checked. Brand new MIA sell for almost $1300, about 3-400 more than you would pay over here.

As long as you enjoy the guitar, that is all that matters man. The longer it stays in decent condition, the more it will be worth.
I would have got a standard American new for that price...

But if you're happy with the guitar, that's all that counts

Did you pay for it btw?
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

if the strat is not an american strat then you got ripped off, either way still ripped off in my opinion.
Gear:

Gibson lpj
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Les Paul 1960's Tribute Plus
Schecter s-1
Marshall JCM900 100WATT HEAD
Fender mustang 1
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Distortion
Tanglewood exotic electro acoustic
Westfield Bass
Quote by jimbob78
I would have got a standard American new for that price...

But if you're happy with the guitar, that's all that counts

Did you pay for it btw?
na, 18th present.
MIA 1979 Fender Strat
Epi LP Standard
Squier Strat

Tanglewood

Laney TF300
Fender Frontman 15G

Zoom G1