Poll: Do bands get more hate because of their fans?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do bands get more hate because of their fans?
Yes.
64 89%
No.
8 11%
Voters: 72.
I was thinking about this and thought I'd ask UG.

See bands like MCR, Fall Out Boy, Panic! At The Disco etc...they all get loads of hate. But before they were "big" (well in MCR and FOB's case anyway) they didn't get have as much **** as they do now.

And I'll admit, I like MCR, I like (old, pre-This Ain't A Scene) Fall Out Boy and Panic! At The Disco (don't worry, I listen to other stuff like Opeth, Converge etc too), but before they were "big" ie Pre-Black Parade, Pre-Dance, Dance.

And after they got big, they got hordes of fans. Irritating, scene fans looking for the new cool thing.

So do you think that bands become more hated just because they get more irritating fans, or have these bands always just been hated and now they're in the limelight they're a bigger disscusion point.

Please, discuss.

EDIT: Okay just to show I'm not just using emo kids as an example, Trivium, BMTH (who I personally hate) and other metalcore/deathcore bands also get the same deal.
Last edited by Heavens_To_Hell at Nov 5, 2007,
Sometimes. But most of the time bands seemto change to ATTRACT these fans...
Schecter lover
oooooooooof
also a girl
Yeah, particularly when their fans are mostly "goth"/emo/punky teenage girls.

The odour of fish at an MCR show must be overwhelming.
It's unfortunate, but very true.
Needlenick wrote:

Dave Grohl has officially literally done everything.
I know what you mean. Lots of fans put me off certain bands. I'm a huge Trivium fan, but there are hoardes of pathetic sceney fans who parade about "Triviums iz teh rulez" and it really annoys me, when I associate with them.

But in the case of those bands you mentioned, most of their music is ****.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
No those bands suck anyway (imo) and there fans being complete scene kids is just the way the world goes round
Yes.
Especially bands that "Scene kids" listen to.
You're not brutal.

(click the smiley!)

Maybe.

There is no "maybe" on your poll.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
You're right. It has nothing to do with the actual music, but the people who listen to the music.
this shouldn't even be a question, its obvious. i dont kno why anyone would say 'no', there are bands out there that are hated more becuase of there fanbase, on top of the music they make

for example....i dont like simple plan, because i dont like there music. thats just me. but when i hear about them, i think of there whiney, 14 year old emo fans, being ballsy enough to say things like 'simple plan is one of the greatest bands out there!!" and that makes me dislike the band even more, as odd as this may sound
Quote by nebraskan
Sometimes my penis stands up so I rub it and then he gets sick from the rubbing (probably an upset tummy) and throws up ... ...
Quote by metaldud536
Im 18 and ive never had a wet dream. is that normal?
Quote by Våd Hamster
I used to think that girls only had 2 holes

^sex?
^ Thats sad that you can't admit to liking a band because of other fans. If you like a band say it , don't hide it for fear thats ****in' stupid.
i think that the fans help with all the hate, definitely. but that's not the only thing, if i thought MCR or FOB made good music, i wouldn't give a sh*t about the other fans.

but gladly, i despise them just as much as any other guy.
Quote by Nirvana_RATM2
^ Thats sad that you can't admit to liking a band because of other fans. If you like a band say it , don't hide it for fear thats ****in' stupid.

im saying that i would dislike a band becuase of there MUSIC, but there annoying fanbase would would make me dislike them even furthur. you didnt read it properly.
Quote by nebraskan
Sometimes my penis stands up so I rub it and then he gets sick from the rubbing (probably an upset tummy) and throws up ... ...
Quote by metaldud536
Quote by Våd Hamster

^sex?
Quote by Nirvana_RATM2
crappy music is crappy music.

+1

.....I think that the song 'Teenagers' by MCR is cool......

Though it's starting to get annoying 'cause it's always there,at the radio,MTV...everywhere!!!

Cool thing we have VH1!!!
Quote by imdeth

I'm funny

BLUES
i hate MCR cos everytime i hear his voice i want to strangle a horse
every time i see his face in any video i want to shoot a cat
every time i see the rest of him in a video i cry.
2 ducks and a rabbi walk into a bar.
The rabbi enjoys a nice drink and the ducks are shooed out so that health services aren't called in.
The day proceeds as normal.
like this forum and RHCP? lmao..

they're a damn good band, but jesus man.. it seems like everyone who obsesses over them gets way too into them.. refusing to admit that someone in the last 15 years could possibly be better than frusciante (best guitarist of this era thread..), to just straight up getting offended when you say you don't like something about the band.
Quote by Magic Jim

that seems a bit extreme, i mean....i dont think it wud be easy to strangle a horse. there pretty well built animals, not to mention bigger than us.

....but still, i get the same feeling man.
Quote by nebraskan
Quote by metaldud536
Quote by Våd Hamster

^sex?
Quote by Vermintide
Lets play a light hearted, amusing game, UG: Guess who this guy is a fan of?

McDonalds?
Own a PS3?
Add me: ILOVECHICKEN
Yah well the bands tend not to be that intriguing in the first place. AKA we might be able to listen/tollerate them, but we get a bad first impression with whiny little emo kids and then when we do listen to them we probably go "URGH! this sucks balls" cause all we can think of is the whiny little emo kids. Most things are based off first impressions, if a first impression is bad and there is continual exposure to that music it'll probably be seen as bad for a while (unless you can't stop the music playing in which case with enough time you'll start liking stuff about the music)... I used to not be able to stand death metal but as I kept listening to more and more of it I began to like it and now love it.

Quote by The Virtuoso
Yes, you sir win the internet!

Quote by saphrax
To put it crudely, every hole is a goal.

i try and listen to music and understand where people are coming from when they like the band.

I'd listen to Fall out boy or My Chemical Romance before three days grace, any day
It makes me think of the band as being more stupid when they have these crappy teen fans, but its not detrimental to their music.
Quote by Magic Jim
every time i see his face in any video i want to shoot a cat
every time i see the rest of him in a video i cry.

Yes because there's only one person in the band.

I personally hate most Straylight Run, Taking Back Sunday, and Brand New fans because they're like, "Zomg Jese/Adam/John r leik s000 h0ttt0rz!!!!!! lolllololoololo," but I still love their music. Also, the A7X "xXhxcXx" kids that think they're the metalest thing ever.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?