I just picked up an Ibanez Prestige S2170SE and I thought I'd share some pictures of it here, it's a beautiful guitar!

I bought it from a music store on eBay, it was $855 shipped, and it plays like a dream! I'll try to get some better photo's tonight.
My gear:
'96 Ibanez S540FMTT
'91 Standard Gibson SG [w/ Bare Knuckle Warpigs]
Peavey Triple XXX 112
Really beautiful guitar, does it play like buttery smooth goodness?
Fender Standard Telecaster
Peavey Envoy 110
Boss DS-1 EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone Behringer DD400 Digital Delay
Digitech Bad Monkey
Quote by FenderBassist21
Really beautiful guitar, does it play like buttery smooth goodness?

Very much so. It completely blows my Gibson out of the park in every way, except the pickups, but I'm going to order a new set for the S soon.
My gear:
'96 Ibanez S540FMTT
Peavey Triple XXX 112
I played one at the store.

It was...very interesting. The neck was a bit akward (but could get used to), but it was a floor model--that may be why I wasn't too impressed.

How well is the trem? Out of tune?
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
good buy friend

i could've gotten that, but i got the LTD Alexi-600 SE instead
I'm pondering that after I buy a Peavy 6505 head, whether i should get this S2170SE here,
or save for the HR Giger S
Quote by Jinskee
I played one at the store.

It was...very interesting. The neck was a bit akward (but could get used to), but it was a floor model--that may be why I wasn't too impressed.

How well is the trem? Out of tune?

Personally I love the neck, but I'm used to playing a wider neck with my Gibson. The S neck feels a lot more smooth and fluid overall, especially when playing legato or 5-6 string arpeggio's.

The trem is great, stays locked in tune through my entire practice schedule, and it was actually in tune when in came shipped to me in a soft case . The one thing that didn't come up with the guitar was a whammy bar but I'm getting one this week so I'll really get to test out the trem then.

Quote by MrDURPEEDURP
good buy friend

i could've gotten that, but i got the LTD Alexi-600 SE instead
I'm pondering that after I buy a Peavy 6505 head, whether i should get this S2170SE here,
or save for the HR Giger S

I've already been on eBay checking out J-Customs and Prestige 7 String models since I got my S, it's so hard to resist the temptation.
My gear:
'96 Ibanez S540FMTT
Peavey Triple XXX 112
Last edited by Jarrott at Nov 4, 2007,
Congrats on your new guitar, it's beautiful. I really love the finish and the discrete 12th fret inlay.
Dang I am jealous
Quote by neopowell
Killing yourself seems like the only simple solution.
Sounds good, i'm glad you're enjoying it.

I really need to give that guitar another shot, though.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
awesome dude, ...the body shape is slightly different to the RG body...but its still cool.

Whats doesn RG stand for anyway ?
Quote by DieKrupps
Whats doesn RG stand for anyway ?
The word has it, it stands for "Roadstar Guitar", as a derivative of the Roadstar series.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by pifty
The word has it, it stands for "Roadstar Guitar", as a derivative of the Roadstar series.

cool....thanks.
That's gorgeous, is the trem a ZR or Edge-Pro (Or similar)?

Regardless, good buy!
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)