Poll: Which do you like best?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which do you like best?
Black Sabbath with Ozzy
19 66%
Ozzy with Randy Rhoads
9 31%
Ozzy with Zakk Wylde
1 3%
Voters: 29.
Which do you like better? my dad and i are having a discussion about this.

i think i like ozzy with zakk wylde best.
Arbor A410 Bass
Dinosaur 20 Watt Bass Amp
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt
Squier Bullet

Excuse me sir, have you been thinking tonight?
I love BLS, but come on...

Black ****ing Sabbath = 6 great albums

Ozzy w/ RR = 2 great albums

Ozzy w/ Zakk= 4 pretty good albums
Quote by metal Lover
I hate Zakk Wylde's playing so I'll say Black Sabbath. I like Dio era Sabbath better though.

hate Zakk's playing? You suck!!!!

Ozzy's solo stuff doesn't really hit it with me. I like Crazy Train, but that's about it. It's just too 80's pop-rock-y for me.
DIO with Sabbath is better but, DIO by himself is better than everything
"If its the audience whos a bit lagging we just kick em in the nuts till they wake up!"
Bruce Dickinson-Iron Maiden

My Gear:
RG 2? (its white with EMG's)
Crate GT220, 120 watts of absolute awesome!
Quote by metal Lover
Oh I forgot this was UG. Opinions aren't aloud.

Hey, it's not like I torched ya or anything...

Opinions are aloud, just as long as you keep your crappy ones to yourself.
Quote by guitgrinder
I love BLS, but come on...

Black ****ing Sabbath = 8 great albums

Fixed.

Technical Ecstasy and Never Say Die are great too. Don't forget them.

Quote by Honkers
DIO with Sabbath is better but, DIO by himself is better than everything

Dio is the king of the universe. He can do whatever he wants.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Black Sabbath in a no contest for me, i don't think Ozzy will ever top what he did with them, especially considering how horrible Black Rain was.
Ozzy has 3 good solo albums (his first three), everything else is shite. Fuck Zakk Wylde and BLS.
Every Sabbath album that isn't Forbbiden is awesome.
La mayyitan ma qadirun yatabaqqa sarmadi
Fa idha yaji' al-shudhdhadh fa-l-maut qad yantahi

Raptoral judgement upon all our sins
This placid island of ignorance
Quote by guitgrinder
Hey, it's not like I torched ya or anything...

Opinions are aloud, just as long as you keep your crappy ones to yourself.

Give me 5 years and I'll be as good as Zakk Wylde. **** him. He's boring and one-dimensional. How many pinch harmonics does he have to play?
**** Zakk Wylde. His playing and the majority of his music is a joke. Except for Book of Shadows. That was pretty cool.

Ozzy has two great albums (first two) and one good (Bark at the Moon). Sabbath have at the very least, the first five albums, and they kick ass. If you don't suck and can actually appreciate the post-Ozzy stuff, then you have Heaven and Hell--->Dehumanizer, plus Born Again and Headless Cross.
Maybe U2 wouldn't suck so hard if they stopped preaching and started rocking instead. Of course, that's difficult to do with Pantera holding a near monopoly on all things that rock.
-Maddox.
Last edited by Cafas at Nov 4, 2007,
Black Sabbath definetly, Wylde's style of playing is awesome for BLS, but for Ozzy, it isn't as cool, Sabbath rules everyone anyways
ozzy was decent solo but black sabbath was amazing.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
black sabbath fo sho
Quote by Andjustice.....

i could see that being liek a sign at an entrace to a theme park ,"remember to always be safe dont litter and remember to have a nice day in my pants!"

Quote by Robbie n strat
"If you listen really carefully, you can hear carrots scream when you cut them."
Quote by metal Lover
Give me 5 years and I'll be as good as Zakk Wylde. **** him. He's boring and one-dimensional. How many pinch harmonics does he have to play?

How many vocal patterns has Ozzy come up with in the last 20 years? Two? Hell, let's go back to the 70's... how much lyrical content did Ozzy pen for Sabbath? It was mostly Geezer man.

Zakk's playing has become a bit tired recently... Mafia and STH were not really groundbreaking, even for him and he his a bit heavy on the pinches, yes. That doesn't mean he doesn't kick ass anyway.

I still think you should come back in five years with **** that's on par with anything he's done before you go and say "**** him." Not only that, but match his playing and get the respect of the Godfather of Metal.

All that aside, No More Tears was awesome, Ozzmosis had some really cool stuff, Pride and Glory was great and had more dimension on that one record than you'll ever achieve. Book of Shadows was cool, Sonic Brew was raw and brutal, Stronger Than Death is equal to Reinventing The Steel in my book and Blessed Hellride is one of the best records of the decade.

I will go ahead and agree that he does need to find a new scale though. The pentatonic runs are gettin' a little worn out.
Quote by guitgrinder
How many vocal patterns has Ozzy come up with in the last 20 years? Two? Hell, let's go back to the 70's... how much lyrical content did Ozzy pen for Sabbath? It was mostly Geezer man.

I still think you should come back in five years with **** that's on par with anything he's done before you go and say "**** him." Not only that, but match his playing and get the respect of the Godfather of Metal.

What does the first paragraph have to do with anything? Also, I wouldn't really want to match his playing. And who is the Godfather of Metal you're talking about? It must be Geezer right? Because Ozzy has only contributed to two songs, right?
Quote by metal Lover
What does the first paragraph have to do with anything? Also, I wouldn't really want to match his playing. And who is the Godfather of Metal you're talking about? It must be Geezer right? Because Ozzy has only contributed to two songs, right?

All Ozzy did was sing. Geezer and Bill Ward wrote the lyrics, and Iommi made the riffs. He was the laziest guy ever and couldn't do sh*t in the studio because he was always f*cked up.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by metal Lover

Well, you said Zakk was one-dimensional and it seems kinda funny since Ozzy doesn't really vary much in his vocal stylings and rarely comes up with his own lyrics. You don't have anything against Ozzy, but you say "**** Zakk." What about what Ozzy thinks of Zakk's playing? Ozzy thinks Zakk is the best thing since Randy, and I think that says something.

Also, Ozzy is still the Godfather even if he didn't write that much because Ozzy is, first and foremost, an entertainer. Though lacking in the ability to write a lot of material, he has the attitude, charisma and the ability to deliver to the fans exactly what they're looking for. Ozzy is like the Elvis of metal, y'know?
Quote by guitgrinder
Well, you said Zakk was one-dimensional and it seems kinda funny since Ozzy doesn't really vary much in his vocal stylings and rarely comes up with his own lyrics. You don't have anything against Ozzy, but you say "**** Zakk." What about what Ozzy thinks of Zakk's playing? Ozzy thinks Zakk is the best thing since Randy, and I think that says something.

Also, Ozzy is still the Godfather even if he didn't write that much because Ozzy is, first and foremost, an entertainer. Though lacking in the ability to write a lot of material, he has the attitude, charisma and the ability to deliver to the fans exactly what they're looking for. Ozzy is like the Elvis of metal, y'know?

No, No, No. I never said anything positive or negative about Ozzy. I even said that I like Dio more. I know Ozzy never really contributed but you went as far as calling him the Godfather of Metal. Everyone knows Iommi is the Godfather of Metal as far sound goes.
Quote by metal Lover
No, No, No. I never said anything positive or negative about Ozzy. I even said that I like Dio more. I know Ozzy never really contributed but you went as far as calling him the Godfather of Metal. Everyone knows Iommi is the Godfather of Metal as far sound goes.

Nah, Iommi is the Spiral Architect of Metal. lulz.

Anyway, we'll just agree that Sabbath with Ozzy kicks ass, Sab with Dio kicks ass, Dio in Dio kicks ass and we'll agree to disagree about Zakk.

But you're wrong about Zakk.
I gotta go with Rhoads era Ozzy. Nothing with wylde has been particularly impressive..... and i prefer much of the post-ozzy sabbath material to the stuff with him.
Black Sabbath all the way

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal
You can dress a woman slutty, but she's not a slut. Understand?

living inside a drop only to die in an ocean