Hey,

im not sure this is the write place to post, but im working on my first tune.

just a little riff i want to play and so far i have this,

e----------------------
b----------------------
g-----------------------
d-----------------------
a--------8---9---11--
e--9-9----------------

basically what i need help with is what to go for next, i know this might sound retarded but what ever fret i play next it just sounds bad. i want to keep this kind of rythm/ pattern going but im not sure what to do next.

ive heard about pentatonic's, are these just notes that go together well... im not quite sure?

any tips or advice...maybe a link to some information?

if im not allowed to post this, then tell me and ill ask for it be deleted thanks.
ok i might sound retarded hahah
but i think it sounds cool if u go

e--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
b--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
g--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
d----------------------------------------------------------6---7---9-----------8---9---11------------------
a--------8---9---11-------------6---7---9-------7-7------------------9-9---------------------------------
e--9-9---------------------7-7-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rock On

Last edited by L_sekal at Nov 4, 2007,
not at all retarded man, i like the sound of it.

ill try and write some more verses, maybe even a solo :P

thanks man

ill post updates if i manage to get anymore done.
ok i think i have the next bit, or at least a part where i can work it in.

e-------------------------------------------------------------------------
b-------------------------------------------------------------------------
g-------------------------------------------------------------------------
d---------------------------------------------------7-----9--------------
a-------7--9----10b^---------7--9--7--7-7-9---9--7---------------
e--9-9---------------------9-9-----------------------------------------

thats all i have at the minute...i had more but im talking to some girl and she made me forget what i just played

so far *thanks mostly to L_sekal * my song will go,

Intro x2

e--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
b--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
g--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
d----------------------------------------------------------6---7---9-----------8---9---11------------------
a--------8---9---11-------------6---7---9-------7-7------------------9-9---------------------------------
e--9-9---------------------7-7-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

main riff x2
e-------------------------------------------------------------------------
b-------------------------------------------------------------------------
g-------------------------------------------------------------------------
d---------------------------------------------------7-----9--------------
a-------7--9----10b^---------7--9--7--7-7-9---9--7---------------
e--9-9---------------------9-9-----------------------------------------

Edit:: where i have the 3 sevens on the same string, there is a pause between the first one and the second two. do you think it would be better if i moved the whole last section from the two 7's up to the d string etc?

Solo here>>

ill get that done tommorow, im playing these tunes here on my electric with no amp....since its nearly 12 midnight.
Last edited by Daniel8488 at Nov 4, 2007,
nah dude i think it sounds fine as it is
hahah bring on the solo
Rock On

hey, thanks man

im dreading this guitar solo, i dont know where to start.

guitar solo's dont have to be fast right? like it would sound alright if i slowed it down, added bends, hammers ons etc?

im thinking of concentrating around the 12th-17th frets and just trying to get a smooth flow of notes, maybe with the odd speed thrown in, but i cant play very fast.
i hear ya there... nah i think for the tone of this song a slow solo would actually sound pretty cool

e-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
b-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
g------------------------------------------12^--12--14^-----14--12--14-------------------------------------------
d-----------------------12^--12--14^---------------------------------------14--12--14----------------------------
a---12^--12--14^---------------------------------------------------------------------------14--12--14--12~~---
e--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

that might sound cool in there some where
Rock On

Hey man

thankyou, ill try putting that in. maybe it could be the intro to the solo...

so like, intro...solo...outro, so it breaks it up from the rest.

im not aiming for any kind of style, just a track that sounds diffrent and is easy to learn

think it would sound alright, with up and down string bends? maybe up--up--down...something ill try tommorow..haha i cant wait