Good amp for metal? Ive heard it is, and by the sounds of videos on youtube...

Whats peoples general inpression round here?
Well, that's Dimebag's tone on the vast majority of Pantera's albums. Not Cowboys from Hell though, which I believe had pretty crap tone.
lol, like you know anything about the RH150 mikedm92 gtfo.

It's a great amp for metal, ONLY if you have the right pups for it.
trying to use a stock fender through it i.e. wouldn't have pups with enough "oomph"
to get it to good distortion.

EMG's for example, will drive the piss out of this amp

the cleans are one in the same actually.
if you use the same EMG i.e. it will turn the cleans to crunch.

so im gonna fully reccommend this amp, but im gonna warn you that you NEED
the right pups to do the job.

what guitar/pups do you have?
Ive got an Ibanez IC - 300 with a standard in the bridge and a swineshead xbucker in the neck.

A Jackson King V standard pups.

And an Ibanez RG, standard pups again..
hmm.... I think the Iceman would do fine, but a replacement bridge would do you well.

Jackson KVX10? same, would be kinda okay..pup swap ftw.

what RG?
It's a GRG120X I think so it's not that great, I only use it on a last resort.
ew, a standard GIO

you could get fine metal sound out of those, but you'd want to pop on an overdrive pedal, or get a pup swap to make it sound awesome (EMG 81/85 set for the KVX10 ftw )

i mean, it's got damn good distortion for any pups on Gain 2, but it's alot more worth your while if you have the right pups to drive it, or an overdrive pedal

not needed, but just something to think about.
Ive got a digitech metal master, another thing, I previously had a spider 2 and jesus those things hate pedals. How's this amp go with pedals?
Quote by Joelieo
Ive got a digitech metal master, another thing, I previously had a spider 2 and jesus those things hate pedals. How's this amp go with pedals?

great
i have a Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor and an Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah,
and they work perfectly.
no problems with 'em whatsoever.

Spider II's suck ALOT, of course they reject pedals

that Metal Master pedal should probably help a good deal.

are you buyin the half stack? lemme tell ya, the louder it gets, the lovlier it sounds,
so the more often you're able to put this amp at 2 or more (yes...this thing is fux LOUD )